Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Gate outs as triggers? CV outs as env/LFO

darenagerdarenager Between a rack and a hardware placeBeta Tester Posts: 222

Would it be possible to have a setting to set gate outs 1-4 as triggers with selectable length? (5ms-12ms would cover most bases)

Also if the CV outs could be set as simple decay envelopes or LFO with shape, and rate p-lockable, these would be very handy for modular integration and percussion synths etc.

Comments

IcoustikIcoustik NorwayModerator, Beta Tester, Mentor Posts: 1,017

What do you mean by selectable length? You can set the length like notes, short ones with close-zoom and longer ones by extending - hold one pad and press next pad where you want it to end.

You can draw in 'envelope'/'LFO' shapes with CV tracks, experiment with different zoom levels and track lengths + the arp. No p-locking just yet tho

~ Distinguished Delugate ᕕ( ◎_◎)ᕗ

darenagerdarenager Between a rack and a hardware placeBeta Tester Posts: 222

By selectable length I mean in the settings just set say gate 1 to trigger, length 5ms. I know we can change gate length in the sequencer, but it is a bit long winded to have to zoom right in to get very short gates to use instead of triggers. To clarify by triggers I mean a very short fixed pulse, not a settable length gate.

IcoustikIcoustik NorwayModerator, Beta Tester, Mentor Posts: 1,017

Ah :)

~ Distinguished Delugate ᕕ( ◎_◎)ᕗ

SamSam WellingtonModerator, Staff Posts: 160

Hey @darenager! Cool idea! Just for future reference - feature requests like this are better posted in the software suggestions part of the forum, here: http://forums.synthstrom.com/categories/deluge-suggestions

We look at this part of the forum before/as the new firmware is being developed, so there's a higher chance of an idea being implemented if it's posted in that section :smile:

muleskinnermuleskinner Bath, UKModerator Posts: 128

I agree - there is already a feature request for setting default note length which I think would cover this. It's a pita to keep zooming in to shorten notes for triggers (and sometimes you want them even shorter than 1/64).

Noise, Noodles and Doodles: http://bit.ly/mrjonesthebutcher

There's also a request for sending the modulators via cv and/or midi.

MyrkMyrk Bristol, UKPosts: 93

muleskinner I don't think that covers the issues within this thread. Trigger pulses are also required to trigger analog drum modules - they rely off the voltage spike (so a peak and return) - in the current system the drums only trigger after the note tail ends, so it's always out of time. I believe if velocity then controlled the voltage you could control the velocity of the analog drum module.

@Myrk said:
    muleskinner I don't think that covers the issues within this thread. Trigger pulses are also required to trigger analog drum modules - they rely off the voltage spike (so a peak and return) - in the current system the drums only trigger after the note tail ends, so it's always out of time.

OK... I'll take your word for that. My modules that accept triggers trigger when the signal goes from below a certain threshold to above so the Deluge gates always react 'in time', it's just annoying to have to keep shortening the note length when the trigger has an ASR type behaviour. I've never come across anything that requires a peak and then a return but I'll take your word for it (seems like a weird design as there's always going to be a slight delay).

Fair enough though for a trigger mode that just delivers a very short pulse independent of tempo. I would also like this.