Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Don't reorder samples when switching KITs in a SONG

This happens in 1.4 firmware.
When you switch KITS in a song/track, and the kits have different number of samples, the KIT samples get reshuffled so they are no longer in the original order. This is especially painful with melodic kits like piano or guitar, as the notes no longer correspond to the keyboard mapping but are randomly shuffled.

Comments

beakerbeaker AdelaideBeta Tester Posts: 44

Hi fryyyy,

So that's what happening. Though it may have be me fumbling. In which case, its still doing this in 2.0b9 too

fryyyyfryyyy germanyPosts: 161

Yes, there are some really strange things happening when switching kits in a song. Sometimes it also freezes my deluge completely because it runs out of memory i guess.

Memory handling is greatly improved in 2.0 so far. So that one should be attended for you pretty soon (I hope)

fryyyyfryyyy germanyPosts: 161
    edited June 2018

I wish i could get my hands on the beta, because currently its quite hard to scroll through my 300mb sample packs.
    It doesnt help that the deluge instantly tries to load a kit when scrolling through it. When pressing shift+scroll i think it should not try to load the KIT until shift is released.

Post edited by fryyyy on

Agreed re: shift/scroll.