Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Stem playback question

chvadchvad Brooklyn, NYBeta Tester Posts: 39

I'm sure the answer is here but I can't seem to find it anywhere.... sorry if it's redundant.

Is there anyway to have a long 4 minute sample playback/trigger without having to hold shift and extend the track x-number of measures to fit the track length? The hold SHIFT+TURN KNOB is great for adding a small number of measures but it seems to take forever to compensate for a long sample. Is there a faster way to do this?

If I don't do this is just seems to stop/start the sample over again at the end of the measure at the initial trigger point which makes sense but there's gotta be another way no?

Thanks for the help y'all.

www.controlledbleeding.com | www.chvad.com

Comments

ps... i dont want to manually trigger these as they are ultimately... despite length... intended to be in sync with other elements in the piece. Cheers...

mcpepemcpepe Marbella, SpainBeta Tester Posts: 98

Think about zooming out prior to extending the track. It will be easier/quicker

SamSam WellingtonModerator, Staff Posts: 160

Hi @chvad! The quick way to add a whole lot of bars is to hold shift + ◄► - if you're at the furthest zoom level, it doubles the track length (if you're not at the furthest zoom level, it zooms you out to it). If you use this key combo a few times you'll be increasing exponentially, so it should get you to enough bars quickly :smile:

thanks everyone! ill give a shot tonight!

seems if i set a very long sample to "loop" it'll ignore all the triggers unless I mute and unmute the track. not entirely sure why it behaves this way but it's exactly what I want! i hope this doesnt change with the upcoming update! lol