Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

How to quickly set Track length in full bar increments?

o0_o0_ SANTA MONICAPosts: 107

Is there a shortcut to quickly set a Track length in full bar increments? Let's say I know I want an 8 bar Track because that's the length of my chord progression, can I do that without having to increase the Track length in 16th increments? I feel that most people want to have track lengths in round measures, and only occasionally want to introduce polymeters to their music

also is it possible to display the track length in Bar+Step while editing the length? Seeing the pads is useful, but I would rather see something like 4.8 ( 4 bars, 8 16th steps ) instead of having to count how many pads are currently lit or not.

Comments

SamSam WellingtonModerator, Staff Posts: 160
    edited June 2018

Hi @o0_! There's not currently a shortcut for this, but there is one for doubling a track's length (shift + ◄►) - so you could potentially use this as a work around by doubling the track until it's, say, 16 bars long (one bar per pad/column) and then shortening the track from there. Aside from that, it would be a good idea to post/upvote the suggestion on the software suggestions page, as it's considered when writing the latest firmware: http://forums.synthstrom.com/categories/deluge-suggestions

Post edited by Sam on