Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Stopping track mutes it instantly?

bast525bast525 Virginia Beach, VA, USAPosts: 21
edited June 2018 in Deluge Help

Hello all! New user here! Just had a quick question. I've noticed that when I arm a track to stop on the next loop cycle, when it stops, it instantly mutes the sound from that track. In some cases, like with pads with high release time or a track with some delay or a lot of reverb, I want to end the track, but want the last note(s) to ring on for a few seconds or what have you. I can't seem to find a way to do this on the deluge.

As many of us are Circuit users, I can reference how the Circuit works, in that, when you "mute" one of the tracks, it doesn't truly "mute" it, rather, it just stops from playing any more of the notes that are sequenced. But any notes that were still ringing from a long release or from delay, etc, will finish their tail end. You can also manually play the instrument pads and they will sound. The mute button is not a true mute, rather, the only way to completely mute a track is to turn the volume knob all the way down. This makes progressions from one section to another feel more natural and less stiff or abrupt in some cases.

Is there a way to do this on the Deluge or can this feature be added or the current behavior modified to allow notes to continue to play their tail after the track stops?

Post edited by bast525 on

Comments

amiga909amiga909 Central EuropePosts: 1,078

wait for upcoming v2.0, effect tail is not cut anymore, makes it much easier to work with. note release or note gate still is cut.

So, if a note/voice has a very long release set on the envelope, the track is stopped, the note is no longer being played, but the tail end of the note should still be audible because of the envelope release. This is how it will work in 2.0?

The user and all related content has been deleted.
    amiga909amiga909 Central EuropePosts: 1,078

actually note release is not cut anymore 😀 there still is a cut if you have a note that starts before track end and ends after track begin. so on track mute all fx and envelopes still sound, but a note off is triggered. not optimal but not a big problem anymore imho.

@amiga909 said:
    actually note release is not cut anymore 😀 there still is a cut if you have a note that starts before track end and ends after track begin. so on track mute all fx and envelopes still sound, but a note off is triggered. not optimal but not a big problem anymore imho.

Oh awesome, thank you amiga909! I did figure a workaround for the time being, duplicating the tracks and having the copy just sound the first note of the original pattern, with a long release. A little bit of a hassle, but it works.

Can't wait for 2.0! I've watched the preview vids and read the instruction supplement people got with the beta. Coming from using DAWs, the arranger view looks awesome!