Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

jAcid, techno and Acid liveact from Sweden

jAcidjAcid SverigePosts: 10

Hi guys!

Soon 40 years old and still loving that Acid sound, my setup for gigs is:
TB-303, TT-303ME, TT-303, Analog rytm, MPC live, Roland boutique (currently the jp8, but can change, built the dock into case) XR-12, big sky, custom midi CC controller.

https://soundcloud.com/jacid303/springwurst
Here is what it sounds like atm.

Looking to replace the live with deluge and possibly the rytm also, mainly for weight and size reasons. Time will tell, it sounds sweet so will be a tough one. I want to fit 3x elektron dist pedals and 3xH9 core for the 303s for better OD and fx balancing. Will almost max out the midi port, awesome.

I really look forward implementing the deluge into my workflow, since I do mostly live shows, but want to record the songs also this setup will work wonderful in the studio where it will be connected to a x32 mixer for multichannel recording. Plan is to be able to make a self contined song, use it live and also plug it in studio, record stems and master it.

Will update once I get it into the case, atm I have some gigs so cant replace it yet and beta is a no no on stage for me. :)

Post edited by jAcid on

Comments

VondragonnogginVondragonnoggin California, USAPosts: 199
    edited June 2018

Very nice setup!

Deluge is going to great with your setup.

I got mine setup in a small configuration with a TB-03, MAM MB33, Future Retro Orb, Access Virus Ti, and D-05, SH-01a boutiques. Got a second MB33 on the way too. Running the MB33 through an Electrix Mo-FX for dist and delay and run all into a Behringer X-Air 12 mixer and HK Audio Lucas Nano 300

Might incorporate my OCD distortion pedal too. Also a guitarist.

Got a bigger setup run by an mv8800 and a grip of other hardware but really like the small setup lately. The Deluge is making a big difference for workflow. It’s fast and creative and a breeze for sequencing, sampling, and built in synth is great too. Some nice update coming this month with 2.0 firmware coming soon. I do some techno, Industrial, DnB, downbeat and whatever else hits me as I create. Deluge has been one of my greatest purchases.

Been DAW-less 4 years now too.

Post edited by Vondragonnoggin on

Oh yeah - this too. I was waiting to see what the new MPC’s brought to the table as standalones, but after being a member on their forums and watching as promised were broken, or updates extremely slow, I gave up on them as the new MPC’s still can’t do as much as my mv8800. My mv8800 is just slow because of bus speed. Slow to load projects and even preview samples. It’s an amazing piece of gear I won’t get rid of, but until I saw the Deluge, I had given up on a portable replacement as a centerpiece for my hardware.

The Deluge is just that piece of gear though and great response from Synthstrom Audible team, plus ideas listened to from customers. It’s so fast compared to. My mv8800 too. Plays nice with all my other sequencers as well.

Yeah, the MPC falls short in some domains for sure, I changed my Octatrack into the Live and id say its alot better for my use, but still, its a bit of a pain to manage songwise. adding to loosing stem playback (unless you keep it under say 6 minutes for 8 stems) and the sync still isnt spot on after some updates.

As it is now the deluge will play nice on the project desk untill I get the stuff with mpc recorded and done (about 16 songs so dont want to just drop it, its an album) and then ill rebuild a new live set to create next album.

HolidayHoliday CanadaPosts: 53

You got a mixer in there too? By the way here's a way you can save space and still get the 303 sound: https://www.thomann.de/gb/mam_mb33_retro.htm.

Been looking at a similar set up myself but haven't decided on Deluge or MPC 4000.

No there is a separate mixer case, connected via harting multi. It houses the xr12, big sky and a tablet/router.
    I would personally never use the MB33 ;)

JoelPujolJoelPujol BarcelonaPosts: 4

@Holiday said:
    You got a mixer in there too? By the way here's a way you can save space and still get the 303 sound: https://www.thomann.de/gb/mam_mb33_retro.htm.

Been looking at a similar set up myself but haven't decided on Deluge or MPC 4000.

Wow, sounds really good! This could be a nice add to my new dawless setup project:

• Deluge (already ordered!)
    • Keystep (midi clock from Deluge, sequencing the mb33)
    • mb33 retro

Besides an A&H 43C mixer that I already have, this could be a nice techno setup! Searching stll for the most convenient keyboard and other gears :)

edited June 2018

The Deluge can mimic just about any 303 sequence-

I’m syncing a Future Retro Orb sequencer on my MB33 with the Deluge, but have duplicated sequences on the Deluge pretty easily.

I just picked up a black Din Sync RE-303 also to have fun with.

Orb sequencer is a blast for programming 303 sequences and has some cool remix features. It’s also very small and pairs up with the MB33 well for size

Post edited by Vondragonnoggin on
    HolidayHoliday CanadaPosts: 53

For the money and form factor I think the mb33 retro is a good choice, heck you could get two and they would probably be cheaper and about the same real estate as other 303 boxes. Or compliment with the new Behringer Sh-101 which can also do some pretty nice 303ish sounds. There's another small format synth that does amazing Acid basslines but I can't say cause I don't want prices to go up before I can afford to buy one again.