Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Sampling rates?

HolidayHoliday CanadaPosts: 53

Just wondering what are the sampling rates available? Can it go up yo 96K 24 bit?

Comments

Trevor_RefixTrevor_Refix BC, CanadaPosts: 10

also wondering this

In an email directly from Rohan :

"Ideal sample rate is 44.1kHz. 16 or 24 bit is idea. But any sample rate / bit depth up to 96k / 32bit will work."

pfrfpfrf ca, u.s.a.Posts: 165

Can the user choose the bit depth and sample rate for the inbuilt microphone and also for resampling?

@Trevor_Refix said:
    In an email directly from Rohan :

"Ideal sample rate is 44.1kHz. 16 or 24 bit is idea. But any sample rate / bit depth up to 96k / 32bit will work."

So by that I assume...I can output let's say 96K 24bit audio through the stereo outs?

Hmmm, I took his response to mean that it will accept stems loaded from the SD card at any rate, I would assume recording and output are fixed - probably the same as resampling which is 44100/24 I believe.

Of course I could be wrong on all my assumptions ;)

pfrfpfrf ca, u.s.a.Posts: 165

I think what you’re saying makes sense. I like to work at 24/48, but 24/44.1 is in no way a deal breaker.

Actually I'm confusing myself. As the Deluge is not converting audio to digital as in over USB or ADAT what is coming out (regarding samples) is the same as what it was going in though the hardware may colour the sound, or not. Limitations then, as I've read about the Deluge, is restricted only by RAM (which apparently is better utilized on the 2.0 firmware). So yeah 96K 24 bit samples. Now, how many samples at that quality and how long those samples can be exactly well I guess someone will have to test.

rohanrohan Staff Posts: 590

The Deluge's outputs are 44.1kHz, 24-bit - any source material higher is down-sampled.

edited June 2018

Ahhh....

Do the converters limit the built in synth output? I mean is all the same weather samples or the built in synth?

Post edited by Holiday on
    SamSam WellingtonModerator, Staff Posts: 160

Hi @Holiday! Yeah, as this is the output sample rate/bit depth, everything that comes out of the Deluge's audio output is at this rate/depth - this includes the built-in synths, as well as samples