Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Keyboard mode to display previously entered notes on playback

Imagine going back to keyboard mode for a previously recorded synth track and being able to get a visual indication of what notes had been entered. The Novation Circuit does this (the keyboard pads light up with the appropriate notes as the steps go by) and it can be helpful.

I could see it being implemented by going to keyboard mode during playback and having the pads of the corresponding notes light up white as the steps in question play.

Comments

trijammertrijammer AucklandPosts: 8

+1. I've often wished it did this to help with jamming / progressively recording melodies.

When playing, the notes light up brighter, not white. Keeping this consistent and using brightness to indicate a sequenced note being played back would seem more logical to me than white.

p_watsp_wats TorontoPosts: 111

@trijammer said:
    +1. I've often wished it did this to help with jamming / progressively recording melodies.

When playing, the notes light up brighter, not white. Keeping this consistent and using brightness to indicate a sequenced note being played back would seem more logical to me than white.

I guess I suggested white simply because it's not represented in keyboard mode, so it would be really easy to see. Also the root note of a scale is already fully lit, so it wouldn't look any different in that case (Imagine you played only root notes...it's not necessarily a real-world example, but it wouldn't look any different at all).

That said, I'm open to all flavours of how this could be done!

amiga909amiga909 Central EuropePosts: 1,078

+1

mrrafsmrrafs ukPosts: 63

+1