Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

bug or oversight - changing notes to drum kit and back can change note values

VJFranzKVJFranzK Los Angeles USABeta Tester Posts: 129

and this can't be solved w undo. I know because ive accidentally done it a couple times. ; - )

some notes may be moved

Music, Visuals, Reviews of Synths, Drum Machines, Apps
YouTube: VJFranzK

Comments

rohanrohan Staff Posts: 590

Oh interesting, got an example of what notes you entered to cause this problem?

I guessed that the drum pattern has a different internal "scale", so when the notes are turned back to instrument, they have conformed to that scale?

I will note the exact note changes next time I see it.

It doesn't seem to be happening with the new firmware. ; - )
    Sorry for wasting your time!

No worries. There hasn't been any specific change to this feature in the new firmware, so if the problem pops up again, please let me know. Perhaps you had found a particular combination of notes that caused it to misbehave.

It happened again the other day. I didn't note the specifics, but again I had written a melody, accidentally turned the track into a Kit, then turned it back to a synth. Some notes had changed, and Undo didn't get them back

Darn, sorry about this. It's not supposed to lose the notes it had. If you're able to find a way to replicate the issue, I'd be really interested to fix it.