Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

"Fast compose" velocity on right hand side column idea when entering/editing notes

rpc9943rpc9943 New York usaBeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 184

Hey just was playing in the grid and just realized... A very "quick" way to draw in velocity... As you hold the note as you draw it, be able to look over at the far right column, that could light up , showing the velocity, divided out by 8 increments from 100%-0%! That way you can edit the velocity while entering notes very quickly.

Wouldn't that be cool?

Comments

addendum- maybe this could be applied to other effects/settings by user options?

SavageGordonSavageGordon Boston, USAPosts: 12

Great idea!

Lucky_LuxLucky_Lux PolandPosts: 14

I like this one!

MatthewGeorgeMatthewGeorge Cologne, GermanyBeta Tester Posts: 247

I'm pretty sure that was on the original sugar cube Deluge. I seem to recall seeing it.
    But yeah +1!

funktreefunktree NYPosts: 128

somehow I think I saw this in initial videos to use audition row for velocity while pad is pressed +1

From the manual in the quick reference section...
    Changing note velocity
    The deluge’s pads are not velocity-sensitive, but notes created as part of a sequence may have their velocity manually edited. To do this, hold down the pad corresponding to a note and turn the ◄► encoder. The right-most two columns of pads will act as a level-meter to indicate the note’s velocity. During this function, you may also press any of these pads to jump straight to a velocity level.

Egg on my face.
    Hang on so this is already implemented???
    Apparently...
    Currently in a meeting so can't bust out the deluge to check...
    Weird because I thought I tried and it didn't. Will report back w results
    So we need some Synthstrom Audio input at this point...
    rjegarjega switzerlandBeta Tester Posts: 13

nice!

tacharontacharon HamburgPosts: 44

Even though I knew how to edit Velocity I do still like the idea, because it would provide a faster way to set certain distinct Velocity values. Maybe while still holding (the note pad and) one of these 8 "Velocity pads" (rightmost column) turning the <> dial would allow to redefine the velocity value (within the limits of its upper and lower neighbours)?

rohanrohan Staff Posts: 590

Heh, yes the Deluge in its earlier stages had a feature quite similar to that requested. It has been removed due to it not being consistent with the Deluge's other editing modes. Apologies to those who may have found it useful.

MyrkMyrk Bristol, UKPosts: 93
    edited September 2017

Can we have it back please, or is it really not possible? :wink:
    I too was semi sold on this idea from videos as it was really quick for programming velocities!

Post edited by Myrk on
    amiga909amiga909 Central EuropePosts: 1,078

still in the manual, should be removed, thanks