Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

SD Card Won't Allow Me To Drag & Drop Samples

Hey all,
I created a bunch of one shots for a new kit, I rendered them all to .wav, I plugged in the SD to my MAC, but the SD folder wouldn't allow me to drag and drop my new samples anywhere. Is their some sort of Protection on it that I have to disengage before loading samples? I have no other gear to perform with so I need this fixed and quick. Please help!!!

Comments

minigoatminigoat cincinnati ohio usaPosts: 296

sd cards do often have a write protect feature on them. its a physical tab you slide on the card itself. have a look at that first, id say.

snanna110snanna110 LAPosts: 10

@minigoat said:
    sd cards do often have a write protect feature on them. its a physical tab you slide on the card itself. have a look at that first, id say.

I'll do that now

@minigoat said:

Still didn't work...Not sure whats goin on

Not familiar with apple.
    Shouldnt be any problems moving files around on the sd card by defualt tho. Might end up needing to reformat?
    Maybe someone else can chime in.

Ian_JorgensenIan_Jorgensen Wellington, New ZealandPosts: 614

Sorry you're having problems here. Mac/PC it shouldn't matter. Do you have another SD card you can check to see if you're able to drag onto that? Rule out what possible problems could be.

The user and all related content has been deleted.

@alien_brain said:
    SD card anomalies?

@Ian_Jorgensen said:
    Sorry you're having problems here. Mac/PC it shouldn't matter. Do you have another SD card you can check to see if you're able to drag onto that? Rule out what possible problems could be.

@minigoat said:
    Not familiar with apple.
    Shouldnt be any problems moving files around on the sd card by defualt tho. Might end up needing to reformat?
    Maybe someone else can chime in.

I’ve taken all your guys advice into account and nothings worked. I’ve learned that MAC can no longer format SD (San Disk in specific as far as I know) and only allows me to read files. I’m not sure If I have to buy a different brand of flash card...I’ve tried reformating my SD with Disk utility and another third party app, I’ve tried changing the lock position to half way and everyway in between, and no result. Half of Deluges power is unavailable to me and I’m bummed...

Ian_JorgensenIan_Jorgensen Wellington, New ZealandPosts: 614
    edited May 2018

Have you tried just writing to any other SD card? Are you using an SD card reader or your SD slot on the computer?

Post edited by Ian_Jorgensen on

@Ian_Jorgensen said:
    Have you tried just writing to any other SD card? Are you using an SD card reader or your SD slot on the computer?

I’m using a card reader. I’ve bought two cards, both are San disk, niether of them work.

Try getting on a windows machine if you can, to help narrow down the issue. Could be the reader.

FASTFAST CaliforniaPosts: 47

When I upgraded to a 32g card, I bought 2 identical cards. One of them gives me problems when I try to write to it, the other works flawlessly. IMO, the card is more temperamental than the reader.

Good people of this forum I've solved the problem!!! For those of you experiencing the same issue I have a few updates. In the case of my San Disk SDHC 32G, Disk utility (remember I'm a MAC user) could not erase because I was using a usb card reader. I'm proud to say that after having plugged in the SD directly into my MAC Mini reader it has successfully erased and formatted. Simple diagnosis should this happen to you (A MAC user).

Things to try if your card will not erase, or if the card is locked:

-Check that the physical locking mechanism on the card is in the correct unlocked position and is not loose or damaged

-You may need to try multiple card readers (My internal reader worked, but not the third party USB)

-Make sure you have the correct item that you want to erase highlighted in Disk Utilities directory (In my case do not select the reader, but have the SD which may be called NO NAME by default selected)

-Try reformatting on a different computer

I hope you guys find this helpful

😎 @snanna110
    Glad you got it sorted out and shared your findings.
    Now, on to that most pressing matter, of that 32gb that's just sitting there, waiting for some fresh new kits and synths...