Please familiarise yourself with the forum rules & guidelines
Hey guys it's me DNSB and I'm from the UK! Thoughts so far!
Couple of thoughts so far:
- Deluge is the best kept secret of the synth world. It shoulnd't be that way - it's a shame the video tutorials are so home-growned, the prod values on the marketing is oh-hum and the community a bit dormant (just compared the results on YT with regards to 'cover song made with xyz'). I'd like to see more effort put into marketing as it's a product that deserves great marketing to match its great features!
- What made me press the 'buy' button was the firmware upgrades and excellent community support. These synthstrom guys love what they do and it shows. What a keen eye for the community - i love them! They deserve my money far more than any faceless corporation.
- The forums really need more moderation. I work in IT and I can tell this forum is being heavily trolled by spammers and bad actor (I spotted at least one). Intro posts shouldn't have '0' upvotes, that's just weird. Maybe consider a move to reddit? It would bring further marketing to the product.
- The quality of the device itself is well, it feels homemade. But that's OK because i absolutely love this. It's almost like holding a custom piece in your hands. A cheap plastic toy it isn't!
- Been playing with it for the last 4 hours and having a blast. The workflow seems eons ahead of the competition. It's really, really intuitive. And it helps that it looks incredible in the dark haha - i gets tons of questions from passersby
- It's not a 'daw' in a box but these things don't exist, period. I looked at everything and even if money was no object you simply cannot buy one because they aren't made. Full production capabilities options are not portable because they are meant to be in a studio, where space is available. Out of all the portable units out there, the Deluge is by far the most fully featured - by FAR.
That's it for now. Light on content I know, I want to put it through its paces and review it then, in full. But so far i'm thrilled. It really seems to be the little unit that could. I love it!