Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Another Kit Editor upgrade

https://github.com/jamiefaye/downrush/releases/tag/1.0.0B4

If you already have been using Downrush, all you have to do to upgrade is to replace the DR directory with what is in here. I am getting over a cold and hope to dash-off a video description of how all of this works once talking is easier.

Comments

jamiefayejamiefaye Chicago, ILBeta Tester Posts: 86

Video for Kit Editor:

danktledanktle United StatesPosts: 5

Hi Jamie! Thanks for all your hard work :)

I wanted to ask if there's a way to add a sample preview in the kit editor. When you're browsing for sounds, you can't tell what's what until you load it, and you might have the wrong one.

Also can't wait for the ability to edit the "periodic table."

Once again, thanks for all the hard work. You've really shed light on the one area where the Deluge isn't so easy to use. Keep it up, and I'm excited for every update!

EZ363EZ363 FranceBeta Tester Posts: 10

Is there or is it possible to obtain a file designating all the samples used in the different songs created?
    In fact, to save space on my SD card or simply to clean up, I would like to be able to quickly remove unused samples if necessary.
    Thank you for your answer.

n00bn00b SpacePosts: 28

@jamiefaye said:
    Video for Kit Editor:

Great! Thank you for putting in the effort!

'Bad sound kills good music!'

LukreeLukree Posts: 11

Wow, really great work! I have to get a suitable card soon!

minigoatminigoat cincinnati ohio usaPosts: 296

For sure @Lukree , @jamiefaye has been doing some cool stuff with Downrush.

just did the update @jamiefaye , and im finding Songs to not be loading. I can open like 2 and the rest just stall out on saying "loading."
    Any ideas? its my 1st upgrade. i copied the list file and the entire dr folder. thanks

@minigoat said:
    just did the update @jamiefaye , and im finding Songs to not be loading. I can open like 2 and the rest just stall out on saying "loading."
    Any ideas? its my 1st upgrade. i copied the list file and the entire dr folder. thanks

How many songs are open at the same time? Also, please describe what type of computer you are using so I can try and reproduce your issue here.

– Jamie

Thats as far I get when trying to load a song. it just stalls there.
    Everything else, kits, synths ect load fine. On some songs i get a screen that says: "parse error". i guess thats from missing files. it wont load also, after it says that.

on newest Firefox 60.0 (64bit)

im only trying to open one at a time.

gave it a try on Google Chrome just now, and also same results.

Can you send me one of the problem song files? jamie@fentonia.com

sent via gmx email

so it appears it will load new songs i save. i just created a few fake songs as a test, with combinations of kits,sythns,midi tracks ect and it loads as it should. just not songs i made before this update,

I fixed a bug in Downrush today that was causing the xmlView (song) display to crash when the swing ratio was other than 50%. You can download this via https://github.com/jamiefaye/downrush/releases/tag/1.0.0B7

To apply this, download the downrush.zip file from Github and replace the DR directory on your FlashAir card with the DR directory from downrush.zip. (You don't need to change SD_WLAN).

Thanks to minigoat for reporting this.

Awesome, @jamiefaye! Thanks again

edited May 2018

well @jamiefaye, your swingin' fix worked! so thanks for that.

ive encounter something else. I was getting a parsererror loading a song. After some looking and messing with the xml editor, ive found that it does not like ampersands. i had some in my samples folder and downrush wouldnt display if any sample referenced a file with an ampersand. Got rid of them in the original file name, and then in the editor, and made the new file references match up, and now it all loads as it should. No biggie, just thought id point that out.
    thanks again

Post edited by minigoat on