Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Controling volume on tracks with fader midi controller

CosmoCosmo SpainPosts: 1

Hi guys, is It possible to control volume on my tracks sending any specific MIDI CC message to the Deluge?
As far as I know you can learn from a controller but will only control the channel opened in track section. Is It like that?

Comments

minigoatminigoat cincinnati ohio usaPosts: 296

each synth track, and each kit part, needs the 'midi learn' process to happen first, before it responds. that set-up is then saved with that song.
    you assign it by going into the edit menu, and then navigating to the volume parameter, then hold learn and then move your fader.
    hope that helps.

SamSam WellingtonModerator, Staff Posts: 160

Hi @Cosmo! As @minigoat was saying, you can assign each track parameter to MIDI CC control, but you do need to learn them first. This just means going into each track you want to control, navigating to the volume parameter (you can use the shortcuts to make this quicker) and then pressing 'learn'/moving your fader. Once you go back out of the track, your fader will stay assigned to that parameter :)

SerbanSerban London, UKBeta Tester Posts: 14

Hey, so is there no way to control the "affect entire" volume of a kit, for instance? Meaning, keep the relative volumes of the kit parts as set from within the deluge and control the absolute track volume with CC from a controller.

rczrcz NYBeta Tester Posts: 111
    edited January 2019

No this feature is needed. Currently you set the relative volume via osc1/2 volume then have to map the master of each kit part. Please find the software suggestion and upvote.

Post edited by rcz on
    BoricuaBoricua Chattanooga, TennesseePosts: 10

Hello, I am somewhat "new" to the Deluge and had this same question. Thus, now wondering if this has been implemented (meaning, controlling volume for overall Kit or Synth)? I'd like to control the volume of parts inside of Kits, as well as, overall Kit volume.

rezareza los angelesModerator, Beta Tester Posts: 604

hmm as far as i know, there doesn't seem to be a way to do this with AFFECT ALL for kits (controlling the whole kit's volume via MIDI). this can be done in synth clips though since MASTER LEVEL can be assigned to a gold knob.

BoricuaBoricua Chattanooga, TennesseePosts: 10

@reza said:
    hmm as far as i know, there doesn't seem to be a way to do this with AFFECT ALL for kits (controlling the whole kit's volume via MIDI). this can be done in synth clips though since MASTER LEVEL can be assigned to a gold knob.

Thanks for the insights, much appreciated!