Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Move Play Cursor command and screen loop mode

rpc9943rpc9943 New York usaBeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 184

If we can hold down "learn" and press any pad in song and track view, it would start playback from that column.

also , screen loop mode - "learn + play" (?) but it would be awesome to toggle that on and off. Light in the learn button could indicate if it is enabled or disabled. In theory, you could move around the view and that loop would be locked in place? Or maybe have the loop readjust depending on your zoom?

Post edited by rpc9943 on

Comments

AbortRetryFailAbortRetryFail FloridaBeta Tester Posts: 61
    edited May 2018

I don't care if it's the "Learn" button or not, but a way to start playback with the cursor from an arbitrary place in a track would be very helpful to me. Even just from the beginning of the current view.

I write some long melody tracks and having to wait for it to play all the way to the end of a 16-bar track to hear whatever change I make sucks. Maybe with v2.0 the song editor changes will make breaking it up into shorter tracks easier.

Edit: Nvm, Rohan's got this one covered for my use case already. :)

Post edited by AbortRetryFail on
    rpc9943rpc9943 New York usaBeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 184

In the meantime this will be of use to you

AbortRetryFailAbortRetryFail FloridaBeta Tester Posts: 61

Thanks for that! I'd just found it an hour ago by going back through the manual.

muleskinnermuleskinner Bath, UKModerator Posts: 128

There's already an FR for 'loop screen' with a lot of upvotes.

I agree though, too hard to work on long tracks at the moment which kind of defeats the point of infinite length tracks!

Noise, Noodles and Doodles: http://bit.ly/mrjonesthebutcher