Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Focused Zooming In On Track

neilbaldwinneilbaldwin UKBeta Tester Posts: 143

If your Track is longer than 16 steps and the zoom level is greater than 16ths, zooming in on the track always takes you into the first 16 steps.

It would be way cooler if you could hold a pad on a Track in zoomed out mode and then when you zoom in it actually zooms into the section that contains the pad you're holding.

Does that make sense?

Comments

SavageGordonSavageGordon Boston, USAPosts: 12

I think this is super logical and intuitive. I would instinctively try to do this.

MatthewGeorgeMatthewGeorge Cologne, GermanyBeta Tester Posts: 247

Ha! I did try to do that.

muleskinnermuleskinner Bath, UKModerator Posts: 128

100% agree. Also think by default zoom should take you to the start of the screen you were currently looking at rather than the start of the entire pattern.

Noise, Noodles and Doodles: http://bit.ly/mrjonesthebutcher

rjegarjega switzerlandBeta Tester Posts: 13

agree

TactileAFTactileAF Perth, Western AustraliaBeta Tester Posts: 22

Being able to loop playback on the current screen would also be nice once you've zoomed in. Good for editing fiddly bits later on in the pattern.

bracketsbrackets BarcelonaPosts: 25

I was thinking the same. This can improve a lot the workflow a lot!

minigoatminigoat cincinnati ohio usaPosts: 296
    Not exactly the same, but from song mode, it will take you to the measure you tap on, at the resolution youre in.
    For example, zoom all the way out and look at the song overview, you have a two bar track you want to go into at 16th notes on the start on the second bar. now zoom in to say 8ths, move the <> knob right to select the second bar, bow zoom in 16ths and tap the track at the first half of the song matrix. You should now be sitting in track mode, starting at the second bar, zoomed at 16th note resolution.
    Im writing this on my phone and away from my D so i might have the <>knob movement backwards, but thats the general way it currently works and isnt too bad to get used to for getting yourself in around a song.
    minigoatminigoat cincinnati ohio usaPosts: 296
    To zoom in on the note youre holding down, like youve described would be nice though, for sure!