Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

wifi card for using ableton link?

Just seen a yt video

using an iphone/mpc live's wifi, synced up via the mpcs ableton link feature...made me wonder about wifi sync and the deluge.

Comments

minigoatminigoat cincinnati ohio usaPosts: 296

I put this in the downrush section cause Jamie is our wifi sd wizard B) but mod, feel free to move it to general.

Guessing tho, the deluge's clock is at a deeper level than the sd has access to? But if direct sample streaming was able to be retro-actively implemented, maybe the ableton link protocol could be too.
    Not that its at all vital to the deluge's needs, but someone may find it usefull.

jamiefayejamiefaye Chicago, ILBeta Tester Posts: 86

There are several ways we could have the Deluge firmware interact more directly with the Downrush FlashAir card. A simple one would be for the firmware to watch a particular file directory for changes to 'last modified" dates., and when seen, trigger a reload. A more elaborate one would have command and response files. Even more is possible if the Deluge has IO ports that address the extra control lines on the SD card connector.

Hopefully Rohan and I can work something out, likely after the European tour.

Thats cool to know then, that it is future proof for that sort of functionality, if the desire is there to implement it.
    If the added card features don't introduce new gremlins, or upset core funtionality/ stability, it would definitely add value to the deluge for quiet a few people, i'd think.