Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Transmit MIDI Pitch Bend and Aftertouch

muleskinnermuleskinner Bath, UKModerator Posts: 128

Title says it all really - the ability to sequence pitch bend and channel pressure/aftertouch as we can with other CCs.

I can't be the only one who uses pitch bend a hell of a lot. Pitch bend and aftertouch are also 'hard wired' to key functionality on certain hardware (e.g. Sherman FIlterbank) and are often supported on devices that only support a narrow range of MIDI control parameters (e.g. DSI Tempest).

If there's a problem storing the higher bit depth values per step then I don't really see an issue with having 'bit reduced' versions - at least we can then use them!

Personally I don't see a pressing need for polyphonic aftertouch but others may disagree.

Noise, Noodles and Doodles: http://bit.ly/mrjonesthebutcher

Comments

PancitoKill85PancitoKill85 Buenos Aires ArgentinaPosts: 8

If it could at least receive and send the pitch bend from external controllers, it would be a good first step, wouldn't it?

gtrmstr53gtrmstr53 Posts: 11
    edited March 2018

Hi, I'm thinking of buying a Deluge to use as a sequencer for my hardware synths, and would need it to receive, record, and transmit pitch bend/aftertouch data (and mod wheel/velocity). Am I following correctly that right now if I hook up an external keyboard and set up a midi track on the Deluge, it won't record pitch bend/aftertouch data into the sequencer? Or will it record the data but can't transmit it out of the Deluge? Finally, is mod wheel/velocity data treated any differently?

Post edited by gtrmstr53 on
    GrappaduraGrappadura GermanyPosts: 41

This is also my biggest wish! I have a midikeyboard hooked up to the deluge and its great, but this feature is missing, which surprised me.

Answer to gtrm: I think it is recognized, recorded, but not transmitted. You can control internal synths with it.

gtrmstr53gtrmstr53 Posts: 11

Thanks Grappadura! That's the picture I'm getting the more I look into it, unfortunately.

MK_0MK_0 RPosts: 21
    edited April 2018

+1 for receiving, transmitting aftertouch and pitchbend

Post edited by MK_0 on
    AudioroticAudiorotic SeattlePosts: 21

+1 as well.
    I VERY much desire this feature (sustain pedal data too)

jonesy101jonesy101 lodonPosts: 16

Cmon guys please please please make this happen. I make primarily 80s synth using deluge and OB6 and having the Deluge midi record pitch bend would be so good

muleskinnermuleskinner Bath, UKModerator Posts: 128

It's happened already- this thread can be retired!

Noise, Noodles and Doodles: http://bit.ly/mrjonesthebutcher