Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Arm SHIFT (double tap to arm)

amiga909amiga909 Central EuropePosts: 1,078
edited December 2018 in Deluge Software Suggestions

Dont know if the shift button has a backlight? If it does, double tap to arm shift and turn on the light, and tap once to unarm and turn the light off.
In song mode I use much more often instant mute, in track mode I prefer to enter sound edit via the direct access via pads. The shift button will be the first to wear out I fear.

Post edited by amiga909 on

Comments

poldensteinpoldenstein italyBeta Tester Posts: 43

+1

minigoatminigoat cincinnati ohio usaPosts: 296
    +1
    VJFranzKVJFranzK Los Angeles USABeta Tester Posts: 129

+1

and / or making "instant launch" the default

Music, Visuals, Reviews of Synths, Drum Machines, Apps
    YouTube: VJFranzK

LjkLjk Austin Tx USAPosts: 98

Im not sure about what this means.. can you explain? You're talking about Arming a function or parameter change? in a given view?

minigoatminigoat cincinnati ohio usaPosts: 296
    edited April 2018

@Ljk similar to turning on cap-locks on a qwerty keyboard.
    Having a way to temporarily "lock" on the shift button modifier. Then you wont need two fingers and less wear and tear.
    It gets a lot of use as a shortcut key. Be nice to double tap and have it stay on for mutes and matrix edits ect.

Post edited by minigoat on
    LjkLjk Austin Tx USAPosts: 98

sounds great!

soundwarrior20soundwarrior20 Wales Uk Posts: 27

This is exactly the feature need :-)

I'm trey from the uk I'm totally blind with cerebral palsy, I make music with hardware and reaper on Mac os10.

FaschingsPrinzFaschingsPrinz ViennaPosts: 21

1++

darenagerdarenager Between a rack and a hardware placeBeta Tester Posts: 222

+1 two handed button combos can be a pain when performing.

o0_o0_ SANTA MONICAPosts: 107

yup, specially when you already have a hand on another synths filter control, or even just fist-pumping around. if that doesn't happen, I guess you could mod your deluge to wire a foot controller on the shift button...

would be nice to know if the shift button has a backlight. i dont dare opening the case.
    if it has a backlight, kinda shame if nothing gets done with it :)

soundwarrior20soundwarrior20 Wales Uk Posts: 27

I really hope the deluge gets this feature!! :)

I'm trey from the uk I'm totally blind with cerebral palsy, I make music with hardware and reaper on Mac os10.

MPrinsenMPrinsen NetherlandsPosts: 157

+1!

WillWill Middle of NowHere, CanadaPosts: 236

+1

mrrafsmrrafs ukPosts: 63

+1

some thoughts about arm-shift that werde discussed somewhere else. still think it would be a good idea.
    surely arm-shift is a power user feature because u have to know your Deluge shortcuts.

• fear of accidental deletes: arm-shift may not lead to accidental deletes. by now, tracks and songs cannot be deleted by accident with armed shift, however u might delete automation by accident (shift + knob push or when in record mode for midi tracks), i could live with that. however armed shift can be burden for undoable actions when shortcut combos are added or change.
    • think of arm-shift for composing, and no arm-shift for live situation. imho arm-shift could help to have different workflows when composing and when performing.

most critical for this feature is the presence of a back light for the shift button. don't know if it has one.

niackniack bxlBeta Tester Posts: 12

+1

Or maybe the feature has been implemented yet, as of 2020 ?

Even with the down sides mentionned in the last comment, i think a 'Shift Hold' function would be great, particularly for live manipulations of sequences in Song Mode: Mute, Solo, etc.

There's also the possibility of a 'mute' mode, or a set of performance modes (i'll post a proposition asap)

GrappaduraGrappadura GermanyPosts: 41

Good idea, was going to post it myself

GrappaduraGrappadura GermanyPosts: 41

Maybe you could use a magnet for the time being, place it over the button to hold it in place.

kromatekkromatek FrancePosts: 4
    edited June 2020

I need this fonction !I never use the "track armed" function but alway "instant launch" but the shit button is very very annoying.
    No news about deluge team in 2020 (this function is aked for years )? please..^^

+1000

Post edited by kromatek on