Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

I'm about to purchase but just wanted to understand the following :)

AndrewMAndrewM Brisbane, AUBeta Tester Posts: 11
edited April 2018 in Deluge Help

I'm looking to purchase a Deluge in the next few weeks but wanted to understand a few things before I do.

1. I plan to sequence a variety of external gear. I noticed that in 1.4 firmware it will allow multiple track for the same MIDI channel (2A, 2B etc) is there a limit to how many tracks can be assign to a MIDI channel?

2. If I copy a track (say a drum track) to make a variation for the drum loop are those tracks linked? So if I change the setting on one track (i.e. kick sound or reverb setting) does this affect the other track? or do I have to go through and make the same changes on each track manually?

3. Is there a scene mode option? e.g. say I have tracks 1,2,5,8 make a great verse while 1,3,7,8 make a chorus. Is there a way to hit one key to make them all start on the next loop without individually hitting them all?

4. Can I import midi? or record multiple channels at once? I have existing tracks I would like to import and wasn't sure what options are available.

Any help on these questions would be great!

Thanks
Andrew

Post edited by AndrewM on

Best Answers

Ian_JorgensenIan_Jorgensen Wellington, New ZealandPosts: 614
    edited April 2018 Answer ✓
    1. I am pretty sure you'd only be limited by letters here. A-Z. I haven't tried in practise. Anyone?
    2. No, after you've cloned a track any changes to make to one won't also affect the others, you would probably just reclone the track again if you wanted at that point, or make the adjustments manually.
    3. Yes, it's called "Song Sections". You assign a colour to a group of tracks (verse, etc) and then you can just hit one of the rows with the colour of whose tracks you want to launch and all will launch at once.
    4. Currently no. It is something that is planned for implementation at some point (MIDI import that is).
    Post edited by Ian_Jorgensen on
    Ian_JorgensenIan_Jorgensen Wellington, New ZealandPosts: 614
    Answer ✓

@AndrewM said:
    Thanks both for answers :smile:
    Just quickly when you clone a track. Is it possibly to clone the track, erase the pattern and then copy just the pattern in from say an older track. I guess what I'm looking is a way to just copy setting between tracks.

Yes, very easy, just clone, then erase pattern, then copy and paste a pattern from another song/track. Check out our video for the 1.4 firmware update on YouTube to see Copy and Paste in action.

Answers

The user and all related content has been deleted.
    AndrewMAndrewM Brisbane, AUBeta Tester Posts: 11

Thanks both for answers :smile:
    Just quickly when you clone a track. Is it possibly to clone the track, erase the pattern and then copy just the pattern in from say an older track. I guess what I'm looking is a way to just copy setting between tracks.