Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Constant clock send

Could we have an option to send a constant clock from the deluge, and have the play button start on the next clock pulse? I have slaved arpeggiators and they will only work if the deluge is in play mode which prevents practice or testing of riffs without having the deluge in play.

Tagged:

Comments

aquapheraquapher CanadaPosts: 10

(off/on topic) This is one of the best things I added to my hardware setup... A bit pricey but totally worth it.
    https://www.e-rm.de/midiclock

MyrkMyrk Bristol, UKPosts: 93

I actually like a bit of jitter, it adds character :P

PancitoKill85PancitoKill85 Buenos Aires ArgentinaPosts: 8

This would be an outstanding feature added!

So I'm sure there must be a lot more hardware users on this forum now who would love to be able to use their synths arpeggiators without having to have the deluge in play mode - please up-vote this post as this feature is quite a big game changer for people controlling external gear!

dest4bdest4b Frankfurt, GermanyPosts: 98
    maybe like this:

if you press play on deluge it sends a new midi start signal on the next 1of4 and of courst starts the deluge sequencer itself.
    also in playmode a resend of the clock start at 1of4 could be cool if any mashine is out of sync.

www.soundcloud.com/dest4b

tacharontacharon HamburgPosts: 44

I am using an external E-RM midiclock, which solves this - but having the option inside the Deluge wouldn’t hurt either. However, when synced to an external MIDI clock (or such a steady internal clock, if active), it should be possible to Stop at any time while further tracking the incoming (or generating the internal) clock - and pressing Play should wait for next bar to actually start the Deluge. I am aware that there are hardware solutions for this too (e.g. from audiowerkstatt.de) but progressive devices like the Deluge should integrate such extremely useful functionality for live performances.

I'm aware of hardware workarounds, but the issue is the tempo's are saved to the songs. You'd have to have a piece of paper with track numbers and tempos on it, which to me just seems ridiculous :tongue: