Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Auditioning longer samples

NevinDNevinD TorontoPosts: 3

Hi everyone!

So I've been having some fun with the recently updated sample capabilities of the Deluge. I took one of my older recordings and broke it down into a bunch of stereo stem tracks, then loaded the samples onto the Deluge and created a custom drum kit out of them. Then I used the sequencer to rebuild the entire song, using all my samples. It worked out really well (I've included a video for anyone who wants to check it out).

My question/request is regarding auditioning the samples while in the kit/track view. As I was placing all the samples into the sequencer, I would constantly need to audition them to make sure I was putting the right samples into the correct spots. But every time I hit any of the audition buttons, it would play the entire sample with no apparent way to stop the sample once it had started. Some of my samples are quite long... 16 seconds in many cases. So I'll hit an audition button and know almost instantly that I'm on the wrong sample, but I'll need to sit and wait until the sample ends before I move on and audition another sample. OR, I keep auditioning other samples while the previous ones are still playing and it turns into a huge chaotic mess.

What I would love to see is the ability to hold down the audition button of any kit track and hear the sample, then have the audition stop as soon as I remove my finger from the button. It would make working with longer samples much much easier :)

ps

If such a feature already exists and I've somehow missed it, please let me know.

Thanks!

https://youtube.com/watch?v=y5tuLWnibZ4

Tagged:

Comments

SamSam WellingtonModerator, Staff Posts: 160
    edited March 2018

Hi @NevinD! Glad to let you know that this feature does already exist :smile:

You want to change the sample "MODE", which can be done by holding down either shift (with the sample you want already selected) or the sample's audition pad, and then pressing the shortcut/edit pad that says "MODE" (the pad in the bottom left-hand corner). You then want to change this from "ONCE" to "CUT". This slightly changes how the samples are represented on the edit pads, though, so I would recommend reading about this on page 34 of the manual, which can be found here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1FAeJ5f1sl3kKJgvbKmGRe3PIMjkaYrh3eAXF05PAV6k/edit#

Post edited by Sam on
    NevinDNevinD TorontoPosts: 3

@Sam said:
    Hi @NevinD! Glad to let you know that this feature does already exist :smile:

You want to change the sample "MODE", which can be done by holding down either shift (with the sample you want already selected) or the sample's audition pad, and then pressing the shortcut/edit pad that says "MODE" (the pad in the bottom left-hand corner). You then want to change this from "ONCE" to "CUT". This slightly changes how the samples are represented on the edit pads, though, so I would recommend reading about this on page 34 of the manual, which can be found here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1FAeJ5f1sl3kKJgvbKmGRe3PIMjkaYrh3eAXF05PAV6k/edit#

Thank you so much for the tip! I'll look into it. Much appreciated.