Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Speed issue?

Hi Jamie,
first of all, your tool is awesome, the potential is very very deep. The installation is easier than I thought and I was very pleased to see that it can work on iPad / chrome.

I have a speed issue. First time I try downrush, it was very quick to download a wav for editing in waverly, but since the second day I made experiment I have a download time may be 10 time slower. Any idea? I'm very sure this not just a feeling because I thought myself, the first time, "whaou it 's very quick". Also, this is the exact same configuration, files, distance each time.

Many thanks!

PS: In the meantime, I'm going to reinstall everything from the begining.

Comments

jamiefayejamiefaye Chicago, ILBeta Tester Posts: 86

Are you connecting directly to the WiFi card or are you using the station mode? Bad Wifi signal quality is the biggest cause of slow.

As for Waverly, I am hacking away on it rather actively. That means it is possible to have grabbed a version that had a bug in it.

FilpalFilpal Paris, FrancePosts: 28

Yes, I'm connecting directly to the card. Is the station mode a better option?

Well, I guess it's the wifi signal coming from the card. When editing a file with waverly, and send the sample back to the card it's a matter of a second or, versus 10 times slower to download it.... The iPad is only one metter to the card, but by getting it very closer (few cm) it looks like it's a bit quicker. My card is W-03 model, I will buy a W-04 soon. It seems to have a quicker wifi transfer speed, and at least a far quicker write/read sd speed.

Thanks. I'll keep you posted on my experiments.

I have not tried a W-03 card out yet. I should, since they are easier to get in some places. I will look into possible reasons for slowness.

Waverly had a bug for a few days where it did not correctly remove a task that generated updates when the scroll position changed and thus caused redundant updating. Every zoom in or out stacked up. This would not effect download speed that much.

I can confirm that Waverly downloads are slower on iOS than on most other platforms. Upload speed is about the same as other platforms. I am not sure why yet.

I don't know if you had the chance to improve the iOS slowness but I have some feedback for you:
    -it's not only waverly, it concerns a direct play too
    -I tried to make a kind of benchmark, but the very strange behaviour stopped me. A sample can take a long time for a regular load, another longer one can load faster, sometimes 10 times, some times as fast or as slow. No rules, nor regular behaviour. It is sometimes quicker to load it to waverly, sometimes not....
    -1 time on 2, it takes a second to load for a second sample, but it can be 10 or 5
    -I feel a small improvement since the last downrush's release, and I feel another one with the use of the W-04 card rather than the W-03
    -using safari or chrome seems to have the same kind of behaviour

Cheers

That’s official, the issue comes from iOs. I have absolutly no problem when using my android phone to browse/listen/edit....

EddyEddy Cologne, GermanyBeta Tester Posts: 292

@Filpal said:
    That’s official, the issue comes from iOs. I have absolutly no problem when using my android phone to browse/listen/edit....

android has got better performance then iOS....Deluge gives really news to the world B)