Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Prefire Program change

jAcidjAcid SverigePosts: 10

Hello! Deluge looks awesome! I tried searching but didnt find anything about how to send prgch over midi. I want to send the prgch BEFORE switching patterns (so machines what use prgch for patterns can keep up) Is this possible?
Also is there a prgch function or just set the correct CC?

Tagged:

Comments

minigoatminigoat cincinnati ohio usaPosts: 296
    You add a midi track to your song and set to channel 1 thru 16 and it sends a program change message( you just select prgm chng with data knob and set it to the number you want)
    Any time that song begins and that track is unmuted it will send the message. Also while the the song is playing, unmuting the track or selcting the track to start playback will send the message.
    Sending the message at the end of the pattern change then would just require unmuting that track before switching.
    I have my electribe as master clock to the deluge and have note on messages that are saved withing the electribes saved patteren that is mapped to the deluges midi mute /sections buttons, which is a midi program change track for the electribe itself. So its kind of like an external song mode for the deluge that i can jam with since its on a seperate sequncer that i can also mute and unmute its parts that are controlling the deluges parts with. Fun stuff.
    There may be more ways of doing this that im not aware of yet since ive only had the box for a couple weeks now so maybe someone else can chime in on what theyve found too.
    jAcidjAcid SverigePosts: 10

I see, thanks! Does the deluge receive prgch? if so I could use the rytm to change patterns on everything.

I havnt tested if it receives yet.