Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Use recorded samples as instrument

fluteheadflutehead Frankfurt, GermanyPosts: 36

Recording samples into a new kit worked pretty well. Now I was trying to use one single sample as a synth, shifting the pitch of the sample - but this appeared only possible for live audio input. Is there a way to accomplish this, or did I just missed a configuration option for a new synth?

Tagged:

Comments

yorgosyorgos greecePosts: 40
    edited February 2018
    In case you want to use a sample as synth, you can start a new synth track and pick SAMPLE as the type of oscillator and then choose the sample you would like to use.
    Related shortcuts are :
    audition pad + TYPE, in order to set oscillator type,
    audition pad + BROWSE to pick the sample.
    Post edited by yorgos on

Ah ok, I guess than I just got lost in finding the sample that I just recorded live ...

SamSam WellingtonModerator, Staff Posts: 160

Hi @flutehead! If you just recorded a sample live, it should be in a folder labeled "RECORD", which in the "SAMPLES" folder along with "DRUMS". Press the select knob to enter into a folder, turn it to browse through the current folder and use the back button to go back up one level. Hope that helps :)

Confirmed - works! I got my Deluge back and have it up running. Thanks for the pointers to the sound editor, I guess I was just lost in navigating through the folder structure.
    Seems that I now have to find a suitable recording filter to avoid clicks when playing. Attack/decay helped to some sort already.

emptyvesselemptyvessel usaPosts: 30

So is recording samples done in a KIT only or can it also be done while in a synth?

IcoustikIcoustik NorwayModerator, Beta Tester, Mentor Posts: 1,017

Synth too :)

~ Distinguished Delugate ᕕ( ◎_◎)ᕗ