Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Slice region transient detection

It would be great if the Deluge could detect transients when slicing, rather than just dividing the sample up into the same size regions.

For instance, a vocal phrase would be divided up so that each word of the phrase gets it's own audition pad, without having to fiddle with the start/end points of each slice.

Comments

yorgosyorgos greecePosts: 40
    Well, a transients slicer mode.
    IcoustikIcoustik NorwayModerator, Beta Tester, Mentor Posts: 1,017
    edited February 2018

Like the PO-33 KO for example!

Also, an MPC-style sample slicing mode where tapping the pads one by one while listening to the sample sets the slice points! SO smooth!!

Post edited by Icoustik on

~ Distinguished Delugate ᕕ( ◎_◎)ᕗ

amiga909amiga909 Central EuropePosts: 1,078

yes, would love to have that.
    plus, please fix the issue to use multiple slicers in one kit. by now slice mode only works in a newly initialized kit.

The user and all related content has been deleted.
    minigoatminigoat cincinnati ohio usaPosts: 296

be cool yes.
    (pretty sure it took Ableton 'till version 7 to get slicing by warp markers...but then again they didnt have Rohan so...)

cypher79cypher79 UKPosts: 157

@minigoat said:
    be cool yes.
    (pretty sure it took Ableton 'till version 7 to get slicing by warp markers...but then again they didnt have Rohan so...)

Lots of 'old school' grooveboxes had auto transient detection, and some of those machines are nearly 20 years old! So I wouldn't have thought it would be that big of a job to add now? Although I know nothing about coding...

minigoatminigoat cincinnati ohio usaPosts: 296

youre right, im pretty sure my old sp505 from 2002 could detect transients.

eclipxeeclipxe Irvine, CABeta Tester Posts: 19

+1

still would love to have that 😛

six_waxsix_wax Posts: 38

@cypher79 said:

@minigoat said:
    be cool yes.

Lots of 'old school' grooveboxes had auto transient detection, and some of those machines are nearly 20 years old! So I wouldn't have thought it would be that big of a job to add now? Although I know nothing about coding...

The auto-placement of warp markers (i.e transient detection) in Ableton was pretty awful and frequently took much manual adjustment for many versions iirc. If you're just dealing with drums, it's easier, but if you're adding harmonic stuff, the detection can get tricky.

But I'm pretty the guys will they'll get there. :)

+1
    i wouldnt want to loose the current slice-equal-parts, for example slicing a drum loop that fits the BPM.
    dont know about the difficulty for transient detection, I reckon it is easier today. More common to see in software than in early Ableton days. More support for transient detection in the dsp community nowadays I guess.

MatthewGeorgeMatthewGeorge Cologne, GermanyBeta Tester Posts: 247

@amiga909
    I’d also want to keep the current option too, it’s fun to do glitchy stuff with.
    But transient detection would be great.

Mr_McCannMr_McCann new zealandPosts: 1

If the PO33 can do both (divide evenly or transient detection) then I have no doubt that the Deluge can do it too. Not a huge issue for me but if it was added I'd be pretty happy.

yeah, i'd like to see this suggestion in the >50 votes region :)
    should also trim silence.

mrrafsmrrafs ukPosts: 63

+1 mpc slicing / transient slicer

wooderswooders Oxford, UKPosts: 13

+1

This would really help speed up the sample based production workflow