Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Move useful content away from Facebook

KlaustrophilKlaustrophil Posts: 71
edited December 2017 in Deluge Help

Sometimes I read that many discussion is done on this closed platform, sometimes even in closed groups. Is there any good reason for this? I suggest moving all this stuff to this forum so that everyone with an email address and a browser can participate. (In the meaning of: without having a social network account)

Post edited by Klaustrophil on
Tagged:

Comments

FASTFAST CaliforniaPosts: 47
    edited January 2018

Every member of the closed FB group owns a Deluge. I hope it stays that way.

Post edited by FAST on

I see your point and it's reasonable for avoid spam and such. But this isn't my point. It's about owning a social network account.
    Despite that I don't know what's the current practice of member verification here but banning interested people (aka future customers) completely from the forums could be a bad idea.

MatthewGeorgeMatthewGeorge Cologne, GermanyBeta Tester Posts: 247

@Klaustrophil
    +1
    I think that the firmware testing is good to be in a controlled environment and I guess facebook was just the easiest option. Maybe this could change in the future, but for me that's not such a big deal.

But the rest of it... user questions, discussions etc are better being on a forum which others can read and can be read by search engines. That's important.
    Because if I was looking at buying a Deluge I would want to read everything I could beforehand and I wouldn't fucking do that on fucking facebook.
    I would use a search engine and end up here.

22tape22tape Posts: 43
    I’m Facebook clean for almost two years. Recently deleted my Twitter account too. I don’t have an Instagram account, or any others. It’s so glorious, peeps. Almost zero negative energy in my life, and my productivity has been through the roof. But yeah, more action here on the forums would be great :)
    @22tape productivity is what it's all about. I bought this machine to get away from having to use a computer all the time. Like so many others too.
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    22tape22tape Posts: 43

@MatthewGeorge absolutely!

just_jamminjust_jammin NetherlandsPosts: 1

Totally agree. Would hate to have to create a FB account just to read some useful tips...

dest4bdest4b Frankfurt, GermanyPosts: 98

same here. please move to the forum .. Take facebook for Promotion .. :)

For beta testing and discussing you can make a hidden subforum with invite.

www.soundcloud.com/dest4b

sgsrulessgsrules usBeta Tester Posts: 31

I agree.

Eventhough I have a facebook account, one of the only times I've logged into over the past year or so was to check the Synthstrom Deluge groups. I'd rather that i never have to log into it again.

EddyEddy Cologne, GermanyBeta Tester Posts: 292

I agree, because there is no facebook in my life!

mbangmbang Gothenburg, SwedenPosts: 61

+1, i have avoided facebook for so long, don´t need that kind of silly disruption in my life.

Pretty please. I don't want to ever agree to Facebook's terms of use.

teamothteamoth Bristol UKPosts: 4
    There’s just one thing I dislike about the Deluge and that’s facebook.
    minigoatminigoat cincinnati ohio usaPosts: 296
    Agree. Fb is too random. I like how everything Deluge is organized here, search bar ect.
    Yeah... There's a search bar here. I wish more people would use it before posting firmware suggestions. :smiley:
    krunchrkrunchr Mainz, GermanyBeta Tester Posts: 70

@Klaustrophil +1 because FB simply sucks. Why not introduce a hidden space for "verified owners" inside this forum?

VondragonnogginVondragonnoggin California, USAPosts: 199

+1

Facebook is rapidly losing members and not the best place for content.

Maybe the forum would pickup if they were directed here from Facebook.

Ian_JorgensenIan_Jorgensen Wellington, New ZealandPosts: 614

NOTE.
    The closed Deluge users Facebook group is far less used than this site, maybe 1-2 posts a day at the very most. Anything important that we share on there, we also share on here.

The "open" group which is busy: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1901933516792895 isn't run by Synthstrom Audible and is convenient for people on FB and not our place to move that content.

The "beta testers" page is currently on FB, and yes, perhaps one day that might get moved to here, however, currently FB is the perfect platform, it is unfortunately far better for that particular purpose than this forum, plus, having to verify people's identity and ownership of a Deluge is a lot of work (for me) - if I have to start from scratch doing that on this forum it's asking a lot of me, and we don't have time at the moment. We have started background work to potentially move that here one day, but not in the imminent future.

I am totally sympathetic to people who don't support FB as a platform, these forums need an overhaul first and while that is on the agenda, we have much to do first.

Sorry :( But we'll be using Suckerberg's website for a little while longer

llexamllexam USABeta Tester Posts: 73

Thanks for clarification.