Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

power cable question

minigoatminigoat cincinnati ohio usaPosts: 296

Should the usb/power cable be left in all the time, even after the battery is full, or does it not matter?

Comments

fryyyyfryyyy germanyPosts: 161

http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/how_to_prolong_lithium_based_batteries

Complicated. Never fully charge or discharge, though full discharge is the worst :smiley:

Apparently the deluge batteries are easily replaced by users and not really expensive so i wouldn't worry too much about fully charging. Full discharging is something i always try to prevent.

And if you can keep it connected to power the battery will have less discharge cycles overall so it should last longer.

Hey great. Thanks for the info. Seems ive heard regarding laptops, that both leaving pluged in was bad, and also didnt matter. Im guessing the deluge has an auto charge shut off feature. Glad they designed it as an easy to replace battery tho.
    SamSam WellingtonModerator, Staff Posts: 160

Hi @minigoat! I'm just jumping in to confirm that you can't overcharge the Deluge. You should be able to keep it plugged in for as long as you need :smile:

Thanks for confirming, Sam! Good to know.