Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

where is rohan

The user and all related content has been deleted.
Tagged:

Comments

IcoustikIcoustik NorwayModerator, Beta Tester, Mentor Posts: 1,017

Bro, you need to chill.. Rohan is working with development, he doesn't sit here and chat on the forum. He usually only writes here if someone has a direct problem with their device or when new updates are released, not about feature suggestions.

You're not the only one here making requests and presenting ideas.
    Nothing will happen faster if you complain and make demands. What's your big problem that needs to be adressed really?

~ Distinguished Delugate ᕕ( ◎_◎)ᕗ

I'm not offended, and I don't think Rohan is by your suggestions either :)

But you need to have patience... And the way you worded the post IS kinda negative

Wow - your attitude itself is displeasant man. See ya

placebo92placebo92 Vancouver BC CanadaPosts: 6

@alien_brain said:
    yeah well i intended it to convey a mild displeasure with the fact that i havent heard the man i paid chime in with any indication of direction or intention or even so much as a comment on several suggestions, not just mine.

You make it sound like you invested in some kind of work in progress and are now entitled to something more.

You bought a finished product, you knew what you were paying for and you went ahead and put down the money. I mean sure good communication and updated features (multiple tracks to one midi ch

edisonSFedisonSF United StatesBeta Tester Posts: 18
    oops.. your creepy weird entitlement is showing. yuk. you should just chill before no one takes you seriously anymore hoss.

@placebo92 Actually it basically IS a work in progress - here's a quote from Ian (project manager at Synthstrom) about that:

"The Deluge started as a project so Rohan (the developer) could master this stuff, it was never seen as a commercial project when it began and I think we're lucky to come for the ride and I for one would rather wait and see what he does than have him bring other peoples ideas into it and be not something true to him and the reasons he started this in the first place.
    It's why I felt it important to clarify on the invoices that there was a lifetime software license - with this project, IT'S NOT BUYING A MACHINE, IT'S BUYING INTO A SPECIAL COMMUNITY - one where the developer is so dedicated and committed he is continuing to support wholeheartedly,
    his previous version which sold just ten units - that small group have had their device change radically the past year with a feature set far beyond what they bought into. This is the kind of person Rohan is and why I work with him.
    I wanna see what Rohan comes up with, not what others already have."

BUT - it's a ONE MAN ARMY coding this stuff and it's taking shape slowly and steadily, at a natural rate.
    So your point still stands - we can't make demands because we've already been given alot and we know more is coming, and things can't go faster than Rohan the man can muster :)

remy_luisantremy_luisant CanadaPosts: 10

Here a funny story. I have found the Deluge to be deeply flawed for what I wanted to use it for. There are some things that, of all the synths, the Electribe does better. There are some issues that ruin my use case. (Strange time signatures are not easy, for instance. Slowest attack speed could be even slower. Another thing is that a drone won't carry seamlessly from section to section. Or that the last section can't loop to the start of the song. Only 12 sections? How do I make a sound that starts on the very last 64th note of a screen and sustains to the first 64th of the next screen, since I actually have such a demented need?)

I still have no regrets and I imagine most of those issues will be fixed eventually. (I'll get around to making proper bug reports when I make sure it isn't my fault and that a fix isn't already in progress.) Even if they won't get fixed, I still would not even be a bit upset.

I got my Deluge expecting growing pains, wanting to support someone's passion/indie project and hoping for the best. I think that's the best attitude here. Patience and some faith in people who clearly care. I saw the almost-monthly patch releases coming steadily and that is what made me take the plunge.

There might be problems, but the support ain't one of them.

Oh, by the way, I'm using this for sequencing a complete soundtrack for an hobby project of a game. I imagine that is "slightly" out of the design target. The fact that you can actually make a case for that kind of use is a testament to what the machine can do. Aside from the odd time signature thing I can work around just about everything else too.

Rohan, keep at it. I trust you. Have fun with it.

22tape22tape Posts: 43

Personally, I didn't invest in the Deluge to have Rohan hang out on the forum. Just like I don't pay my president to hang out on Twitter. Rohan's skills and time are best spent by helping the Deluge mature, not holding our hands, or responding to fire starters. I'd much rather hear from Rohan via the awesome firmware updates that he's been releasing.

That said, no matter how much this might be a passion project for Rohan, once you charge people money for a product, and you enter the marketplace, it's inevitable that threads like this will pop up. But, personally, I've never been a fan of using tough love tactics to "encourage" boutique builders. It seems condescending and entitled. They're just dudes like us trying to make a living by building toys for tunes. Respect!

:)

fryyyyfryyyy germanyPosts: 161
    edited February 2018

@22tape said:
    Personally, I didn't invest in the Deluge to have Rohan hang out on the forum. Just like I don't pay my president to hang out on Twitter.

That sums it up :joy:
    I wish this president would be more like Rohan and do actual work instead of chit chat.

Post edited by fryyyy on
    RandomAztecRandomAztec IrelandPosts: 108

Another thing is that a drone won't carry seamlessly from section to section. Or that the last section can't loop to the start of the song. Only 12 sections? How do I make a sound that starts on the very last 64th note of a screen and sustains to the first 64th of the next screen, since I actually have such a demented need?)

Hi remy try zoom out to the highest level then you can have unstoppable drones..

also place note of last 64th pad switch to next page press and hold top left button while depressing the chosen pad and you get the not to continue from previous page

hope this helps