Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

iOS librarian - help wanted.

bleurghbleurgh Sydney, AustraliaBeta Tester Posts: 26

Hi everyone. I've started working on an iOS librarian app to assist with organising big preset libraries. I'm open to collaborating with anyone with some coding chops.

Feel free to email me at clement.girault@icloud.com if you're interested!

Comments

Rcon303Rcon303 nh usaPosts: 9

Sounds awesome , hope you get some help with i am not a coser but would def pay for an app like this

Cool. The first beta should be ready in 1 week or so. :-)

Rcon303Rcon303 nh usaPosts: 9

Awesome!!!!👍🏼🙏

Slight delay for the beta as my laptop is being repaired due to a battery fault. But soon!

mbrynembryne Posts: 2

hello there @bleurgh any updates on this?

i'm contemplating rolling up my sleeves and putting something together myself but don't want to reinvent the wheel

edited June 2021

@mbryne Hey. Yeah. Sorry. I started a new job and took a bit of a break from this. I felt I got to to the point where I couldn't continue without help. I had something working alright on iOS but that was using the XCode simulator. I then discovered that the Simulator would let me read SD cards in a way Apple doesn't actually allow on real devices. So I had to rethink a bunch of stuff and decided to also convert the app from iOS to Catalyst. The conversion is half way done. I'm hoping to get back to it soonish. Do you have any experience with Swift and SwiftUI? I'd love to get some help with this. It was hard to find the motivation, working on it by myself.

Post edited by bleurgh on
    HerwrHerwr New ZealandBeta Tester Posts: 9

Hi @mbryne, I work as an iOS / Mac developer for a living and been thinking about doing 'something' for the Deluge myself - I'll flick you an email and see if we can colab on it unless you've given up on the idea

edited September 2021

@mbryne @Herwr I'm slowly getting the motivation to pick this up where I left off. Did you end up doing any work on this yourselves?

Here are some screenshots of what I had...

Post edited by bleurgh on

With the sidebar...

These are all screenshots from earlier versions of the app.

@Ian_Jorgensen Could this please be moved to the Third Party Deluge Related Projects section?
    Cheers.

HotelsinusHotelsinus HungaryPosts: 30

Awesome. any news about this project or update ?

@Hotelsinus I wasn’t able to find anyone to lend a hand so lost motivation with it, after hundreds of hours of work. :'( Happy to continue working on it but only with a collaborator or two!

Can’t fully remember where I left it but I think I finished the initial conversion to Catalyst. So in theory it should also launch on a Mac (though I’d probably need to make some tweaks to get it to load the SD card).

Ultimately the project suffered from scope creep. I had note-taking and photos in there at one point! And there is a built in sound engine… the app was architected in such a way that it could potentially approximate the Deluge synth engine (something I had planned for version 2!) and allow you to apply effects and edit samples. The current version only allows you to audition the samples of sample-based instruments. But… too much work for one person!

HotelsinusHotelsinus HungaryPosts: 30

@bleurgh said:

Yes i agree, too heavy for one man band.
    good third party projects always suffer ... sorry to hear that

I think your editor was on the fly, and tweak realtime the deluge synth and then we can save it in deluge... then or offline (built in sound in the software itself) then turn on deluge and reinit the deliuge synth with all the software parameters that edited before...

im working in game development , but im not a programmer so i cant help you about the coding, but i can give my help in any other way...

im glad if @Ian_Jorgensen can see this.. but as i see in 2021 and still not in the right place in the forum....

cheers Hotelsinus
    www.hssd.hu

HaskilHaskil MoscowPosts: 4

Guys, I think it's not worth leaving it just like that, without publicity, I don't work for Mac, but what if we all manage to chip in and support this guy, our life with Deluge will become a little more comfortable and a cool new project will come to life