Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Native support of the sustain pedal to play synth (cc64)

Hello, i've bought my Deluge a couple of month ago ad i really love this powerful machine.

Since a few weeks i'm thinking to use only it, with a master keyboard, to jam with my band, avoind to move all my synth every time to the Rehearsal Room.

The only "problem" is with sustain pedal not recognized properly.
I know that there is the possibility to map the CC64 to the release, and i've tried it, but isn't the same thing.

In my opinion the Deluge it's very powerful and versatile machine and, with the native support of the sustain pedal (like the others synth with hold parameter), i think that it can be use like any other synth to play with other persons plus the incredible sequencing / sampling / arranging capabilities.

In my head this parameter can be "simulate" the continue signal NOTE ON, and in ther grid will be recorded the queue of the note.

If all of this already exists please forgive me :( and if it were possible tell me how i can do that :D

P.S.: Sorry for my bad english and low knowledge :)

Comments

harmonyunitedharmonyunited United StatesPosts: 18

Its got my UPVOTE for sure!! BUMP!

geornageorna United KingdomBeta Tester Posts: 5

Please please please include this sustain pedal support feature! If I could just use the Deluge for live (instead of having to bring my super heavy Yamaha S80 keyboard) life would be complete!!

I currently have a sustain pedal connected to a midi keyboard, which is then connected to the Deluge via USB Host. Unfortunately I can't seem to make it work, but the sustain 100% works with Ableton/Omnisphere etc.

Please Synthstrom, this would be an amazing feature addition!

Kad10Kad10 NorwayPosts: 2

This is the only thing I wish for on the deluge, everything else is beyond awesome. I have to run midi through flstudio to get sustain pedal working, but I want to get away from the computer.. native support for sustain pedal Please please please! for christmas maybe?

HeptagenHeptagen Posts: 277

Seconded!
    Since 3.2 will include Midi MPE support, it would be really irritating, if it didn't also include this function. I mean, MPE is really advanced stuff and only for a way smaller percentage of users than the sustain pedal.
    I know they have their own roadmap and I respect that. I don't want to be "that guy" to whine about missing features. It's just surprising to me that something so basic gets skipped while way more advanced functions get implemented.
    But, you know. We'd still love them and their magic box.

Affectionate_Bee_781Affectionate_Bee_781 United StatesBeta Tester Posts: 112

Glad to know I'm not the only one missing this feature :)

For a box with so many innovative features, this lack of sustain pedal support definitely feels "missing"

koenobikoenobi Geneva, SwitzerlandPosts: 4

As a new Deluge user, this is my number one 'wish'. (And I don't have many.) One of the first things I did was hook it up to my keyboard to play the synth patch I just created: for all the advanced (and awesome!) features this machine has, finding out there is no way to get the damper pedal working was a bit disappointing.

Besides sequencing, I did intend to 'play' the Deluge as a main use case (especially with the high polyphony and great multisampling capabilities!) and checking for this feature did not occur to me, as it seems like a very basic thing that (almost) any synth just has.

Definitely more 'low-hanging fruit' than MPE support!