β€Ί
Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Why can't I learn/input my MIDI keyboards through DIN?

starcadianstarcadian United StatesPosts: 3

Hey all,

I'm a new, extremely proud owner of the Deluge and loving every inch of this machine, but I'm having a hell of a time trying to connect any MIDI keyboard right now. The documentation is a little scarce on this and I'd appreciate any help. This is my setup:

• Deluge powered by USB-B (connected to my computer)

• Linnstrument MIDI OUT connected to the Deluge's MIDI IN, while the Linnstrument is powered by my Force separately.

• I've also tried connecting my Jamstik from TRS MIDI OUT to the Deluge's MIDI IN but no luck.

I go to the Clip view, hold down Learn + audition pad, but when I hit a note on external midi keyboards, it doesn't turn white and it doesn't send notes in.

Can I not send MIDI in notes through DIN? Can it only be through USB?

I'd love any tips on this!

Comments

volstehvolsteh CroatiaPosts: 418

Should work. Maybe a faulty midi cable? Or some midi standard issue?

πŸ…½πŸ…ΎπŸ†…πŸ…ΈπŸ…²πŸ…΄ πŸ…³πŸ…΄πŸ…»πŸ†„πŸ…ΆπŸ…ΈπŸ…ΎπŸ…½πŸ…ΈπŸ†‚πŸ†ƒ?

@volsteh said:
    Should work. Maybe a faulty midi cable? Or some midi standard issue?

I’ve tried two cables, three different MIDI devices and nothing. I can try a third one but seems like a step is missing somewhere...

volstehvolsteh CroatiaPosts: 418

Did you tried disconnecting the USB from the computer and power it on/of again? Might be it is in some midi usb mode if you powered it on while connected to pc

πŸ…½πŸ…ΎπŸ†…πŸ…ΈπŸ…²πŸ…΄ πŸ…³πŸ…΄πŸ…»πŸ†„πŸ…ΆπŸ…ΈπŸ…ΎπŸ…½πŸ…ΈπŸ†‚πŸ†ƒ?

You might be onto something! The strangest thing today, I tried the exact same method and both the Linnstrument and the Jamstik worked, while still connected to my computer through USB. The only difference being that the linnstrument was fully charged and I tried to use it with Bitwig (unsuccessfully, but one battle at a time).

I'm hoping it was all just user error hahah