Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Delay times please include dotted variants

PuppeteerPuppeteer Perth, West OzBeta Tester Posts: 52

Is it possible to include dotted times for synced delays (eg dotted 8th notes, dotted 16th notes). Stuff like 3/8's would also be great.

You could show it on the display by lighting up the dot after 8th, for example

Tagged:

Comments

poldensteinpoldenstein italyBeta Tester Posts: 43

+1

EddyEddy Cologne, GermanyBeta Tester Posts: 292

oh yes, i dream of it every night :-)

MatthewGeorgeMatthewGeorge Cologne, GermanyBeta Tester Posts: 247

This is a very old request. Here's at least one of them, go up vote that one. :wink:
    http://forums.synthstrom.com/discussion/270/triplet-sync-options#latest

PuppeteerPuppeteer Perth, West OzBeta Tester Posts: 52

That thread is for triplets, which are different (and IMHO less useful) to dotted notes, but yeah, more delay sync times. Upvoted anyway.

CassidySCassidyS United StatesPosts: 4

+1

sblnsbln BerlinPosts: 1

+1

ELEVENELEVEN Zagreb, CroatiaPosts: 60

+11

hexagon5unhexagon5un MunichBeta Tester Posts: 121
    edited January 2020

You can kinda dial in dotted eighths by dialing them in on the gold knobs, but since it falls in between the #s on the black stepped rotary encoder, it's a little awkward.

It would be very nice to have it as a simple option to get it right on without fiddling: Dotted eigths are my favorite delay. So +1.

Post edited by hexagon5un on
    rudolphrapidrudolphrapid Beta Tester Posts: 129

+1
    Yeah. And dots are already there on the screen, too :)

NRuckNRuck UKBeta Tester Posts: 80

You can dial in specific dotted and triplet delays fairly accurately with the delay (bottom) button of the delay effect column. Un-labelled third button down sets rate of delay (set to 16th as default) and bottom button defaults to value of 25. Experimenting with that value will get you your dotted eights / triplets much more accurately than attempting this with the gold knobs. I agree it would be good to have dotted and triplets as standard delay options though.

From memory I think setting the value to 21 at your chosen delay rate gives you either dotted or triplets, I can’t recall which right now...

lussluss SwitzerlandPosts: 1

You can do that but it's never going to be perfect in sync. with bigger amounts of feedback it always will be messy.
    really would be nice to have that feature, since it's essential for dub productions. + separate controls for feedback and amount.

MonitusMonitus SpainBeta Tester Posts: 24

I die for dotted delays. By far the most useful & musical delays for me. They are essential in electronic music. Having them on the menu should be easy: where you select the sync (16th, 8th, 4th...) you could add the same but with a dot at the end so you can select them, menu then would be:
    16th
    16th.
    8th
    8th.
    and so on

But add dotted variants to the arp first. This is even more essential.

levicolelevicole United StatesPosts: 4

:+1:

MoonWolfMoonWolf United KingdomPosts: 50

Yes please. I want this more than anything else.
    Also, how about 5/16, 7/16, etc...

Isn’t there an option to turn off the sync and then dial in a manual delay? Can’t remember right now