β€Ί
Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Deluge + Linnstrument 128.

Old_FWOld_FW United KingdomPosts: 2

Hi. Looking forward to getting the Deluge next month and combining it with my Linnstrument 128.
Very interested in anyone’s experience with this combo, and any tips n tricks for set up or live performance.
Thank you.

Comments

Topo_ChrisGTopo_ChrisG San FranciscoPosts: 11

I've used Deluge a but with my full sized Linny, and it worked pretty well but I need more time with it. Of course Deluge doesn't do MPE yet so don't go this route if you're expecting that. The Deluge DOES work as a USB host for the Linny. I think the Deluge even worked to power the Linny when the Linny was in low power mode.

I think the LInny and Deluge really compliment each other by using the same grid layout. That way when you're commuting with just the Deluge you can learn songs, then when you get home and plug in the Linny you can play it right away on Linny without re-learning anything.

One quirk is that Deluge doesn't have dynamic Midi routing. So you have to tell one particular clip to accept midi from a certain channel, and set the Linny up so communicate on that channel. The Linny will always control that clip, regardless of what clip you are viewing. It is kind of neat to have the deluge in keyboard mode for one clip and the Linny controlling a seperate clip that is out of view. But I would prefer to just have the Linny control whatever clip I'm looking at. Of course this midi behaviour that I'm describing is the same for any midi controller, not just the Linny.

Old_FWOld_FW United KingdomPosts: 2

Thanks a lot, very useful info. Deluge as USB host is what finally sold it to me. If full MPE functionality comes along it will be icing on the cake. I'm hoping to set up the Linnstrument to generate velocity, vibrato, and possibly change timbre.

o_oo_o Beta Tester Posts: 28

I think the Deluge even worked to power the Linny when the Linny was in low power mode.

πŸ‘ Yes, I have used it and can confirm the Deluge powers a full-size Linnstrument. I think it even works in "normal" (full power) mode, but I always used it in low power to be safe.

The Linnstrument has a One Channel Mode that works well with the Deluge, even today without MPE. And aftertouch is still polyphonic in this mode with the Deluge.

Marteau_PicardMarteau_Picard BelgiumPosts: 5

Hello, my apologies for posting here but I am new to the forum, need help but have no way to create a new topic to ask my question ...

How does it happen ?

Could someone help me please?

volstehvolsteh CroatiaPosts: 418

@Marteau_Picard said:
    Hello, my apologies for posting here but I am new to the forum, need help but have no way to create a new topic to ask my question ...

How does it happen ?

Could someone help me please?

Your registration is not approved yet, contacting synthstrom by mail might speed things up.

πŸ…½πŸ…ΎπŸ†…πŸ…ΈπŸ…²πŸ…΄ πŸ…³πŸ…΄πŸ…»πŸ†„πŸ…ΆπŸ…ΈπŸ…ΎπŸ…½πŸ…ΈπŸ†‚πŸ†ƒ?