Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

How to preview/audition sounds while playing live.

mitchs1mitchs1 San DiegoPosts: 5
edited September 2020 in General Discussion

I'm looking for a way to preview/audition sounds while playing live without the sounds being previewed playing over the main outputs. Essentially I just want to be able to hear them in my headphones so I can add new instruments, samples, etc, to a live set without the auditioned sound actually going out to the main output. Is this possible?

Thanks,

Post edited by mitchs1 on

Comments

EddyEddy Cologne, GermanyBeta Tester Posts: 292

No, because there is no second output or any audio routing,

only workaround I know would be a Flashair SD Card and Downrush:
    http://forums.synthstrom.com/categories/downrush-(software-editor)-by-jamie-fenton

Hi Eddy,

Thanks for the reply. Is anyone else aware of any other workarounds for cueing sounds? This to me is one of the only weaknesses of the Deluge. For anyone who likes adding and layering sounds while playing live, this is a must. Just a thought - could it be possible to have a firmware update that makes it possible for the audition buttons only go out of the headphone output if another button was being pressed at the same time?

Basically, make it so that if you hold down another button while pressing the audition buttons, the sound only goes out of the headphone output rather than both the headphone and main outputs. This of course includes, if you do so while you have a song playing live.

Thanks,

amiga909amiga909 Central EuropePosts: 1,078

unfortunately Eddy is right, this question comes up every 2-3 months. the Deluge has only a single DAC, it is a hardware limitation.
    in theory u can try to use the L and R outs and panning to do some kind of audio routing but it is just theory, effects like reverb or delay cannot be panned to L/R as they effect the stereo sum.

Got it. Thanks for the reply. Wonder if future versions of the Deluge will have this. I'd purchase a new one to have something like this added. Thank you :)