Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Please read first before posting

Ian_JorgensenIan_Jorgensen Wellington, New ZealandPosts: 614

This is a place to say what features you would most like to see on the Deluge in future. If you have an idea, start a thread on this forum explaining it. If you like an idea, please upvote it so we can see which are most popular.

Post edited by Ian_Jorgensen on
Tagged:

Comments

amiga909amiga909 Central EuropePosts: 1,078

the same suggestions get repeated a lot. but one cannot cruise all threads, way too much!
    myself, i managed being too lame to see there is a top rated link for our suggestions, so might help to post it here: http://forums.synthstrom.com/discussions/top/ever
    => at least have a look at the top rated suggestions before posting a new suggestion.

gjvtigjvti Beta Tester Posts: 34

+1 to midi file import/export from me

JohannesJohannes SwedenPosts: 3

Hi Ian, I'm patiently waiting for you to implement the .wav mixdown feature but just to be clear what you mean with this is that different tracks are rendered into different stems - so not a summed mix right?

mcpepemcpepe Marbella, SpainBeta Tester Posts: 98

@Johannes said:
    Hi Ian, I'm patiently waiting for you to implement the .wav mixdown feature but just to be clear what you mean with this is that different tracks are rendered into different stems - so not a summed mix right?

Yes. Ian means a wav file for each track.

It is a very complex feature that Rohan is always working towards. We have not forgotten these promises.

I find the response of the Delay Amount to be very difficult to control - it seems to be linear or even logarithmic and I find (clumsily) I can push it into feedback which is deafening, 'unmusical' and of course knocks out polyphony as it overloads the CPU. Could a switchable setting for the FX controllers be implemented? Linear, Logarithmic, Inverse Logarithmic?

Love the box though and still getting to grips with what it can do!

ResearchDevelopmentResearchDevelopment PhiladelphiaPosts: 4

another +1 for midi file import/export

doodloodoodloo Lisbon, PortugalBeta Tester Posts: 37
    edited December 2018

+1 for wav mixdown (Just because it's too slow to resample everything :smile: )
    The in order of priority I'd vote for +1 for Midi file import export.

Post edited by doodloo on
    maimai Posts: 21
    edited January 2019

@Ian_Jorgensen said:
    _Copy / load just one track in from another saved song (DONE)

Could you please explain what kind of feature this is? I‘m still missing the important option to copy a track (including all events and all settings) from one song to another song. Unfortunately the implemented kind of copy/paste just „works“ if you do this step by step, but it’s not possible to copy a whole track at once.

Post edited by mai on

@Ian_Jorgensen said:
    _Copy / load just one track in from another saved song (DONE)

Is this not documented yet or still missing?

edited March 2019

Copy / load just one track in from another saved song (DONE)
    "Is this not documented yet or still missing?"
    "Could you please explain what kind of feature this is?"

This works how it was intended. Sorry, to be more accurate, this could have said copy "notes" from one song to another saved song. We have noted that people are further hoping for a variation which includes all information - this is a much greater level of complexity and UI

Post edited by Ian_Jorgensen on
    NaderNader San FranciscoBeta Tester Posts: 9

Hello,

Sorry I was unable to figure out how to create a new post in this area.

A feature I would really appreciate would be the option to use microtonal tuning.

In Addition to playing western music I also play Arabic/Turkish/Persian music which utilize different divisions of the octave. Deluge seems like I would work amazingly well if this was implemented. Would love for instance, the ability to play an interval of a neutral third, as opposed to either a major or minor third.

You could easily implement this by just offering the possibility of custom scales/modes that could have notes that are microtonally tunable(divisions smaller than a semitone). The most primitive would be to have an option for quarter tones, but would be even better if it could be smaller divisions. In Turkish music there are divisions as small as a 16th of a semitone.

The other option would be to have other sets of preset scales. Like currently you have all the western modes (all based on semitones). But maybe there could be a meta menu where you could have the main Arabic, Persian, and Turkish modes with the correct tunings(and option for just intonation rather than only tempered tuning). This would be a game changer for synthesizing and for sampling. You could have synths that could for instance play along to a gamelan orchestra in tune with it. There are some “oriental” workstations out there that have limited versions of such functionality but they are very limited and archaic and way over priced, compared to the deluge.

This may seem like an obscure request but there is a major demand for electronic instruments that can accommodate these tonalities and I imagine all the experimental and electronic music people who use this device would appreciate the expanded possibilities this relatively simple feature would bring.

Once again sorry I couldn’t figure out how to create a new post on the forum.

Hopefully this description is clear, i can explain further if that’s helpful.

Best,
    N

jurgisjurgis vilniusBeta Tester Posts: 31

Hey hey! How do you create a new thread within this topic? I couldn't figure it out.

harrykaufmanharrykaufman AmsterdamPosts: 14

WAV file export / mixdown would a brilliant move to overcome the single audio output and allow for easy mixing/mastering in a DAW :-)

pbolgerpbolger ChristchurchPosts: 61
    edited October 2019

@harrykaufman said:
    WAV file export / mixdown would a brilliant move to overcome the single audio output and allow for easy mixing/mastering in a DAW :-)

WAV file of the master output is covered by resampling.

For me 'render all arrange tracks to stems' would be useful. Is that what you meant?

Post edited by pbolger on
    MaxOSMaxOS Los AngelesPosts: 50

Link parameter changes across multiple tracks that use the same synth/kit preset.

harrykaufmanharrykaufman AmsterdamPosts: 14

@pbolger yes!

OdoSendaidokaiOdoSendaidokai BerlinPosts: 326

yes! haha

Odo Sendaidokai from Berlin

SlivizSliviz LondonPosts: 45
    edited November 2019

I really like the new sample loop feature but I have noticed that when you use the audio clips to build a song the internal mic is stuck in an on setting which I haven't been able to figure out how to turn off other than deleting the clip and putting it back in as sample on a kit or synth and deleting the original audio clip. I used line in to record so the mic wasnt even being used.

It would be good to be able to enter a recorded loops settings like you can in a kit/synth sample and turn off the mic.

oops I posted in the wrong place. Can someone delete this as the site wont let me it keeps freezing up.

Post edited by Sliviz on

A companion iOS App to interact, edit, and interface with synth, fix, modulation and other parameters would be amazing!

If it could be done with hardware upgrade I’d be send in & pay for upgrade, or pay for diy kit for adding this ability, or go forward with next iteration if this were added depending on how this could be done.

esreveResreveR MontrealPosts: 3

@jurgis said:
    Hey hey! How do you create a new thread within this topic? I couldn't figure it out.

I'm with you on that, there's no button to start a new thread, and upvoting doesn't work either.
    I'd like to send a feature request, but there's just no button to post a new thread.

volstehvolsteh CroatiaPosts: 418

@esreveR said:

@jurgis said:

I'm with you on that, there's no button to start a new thread, and upvoting doesn't work either.
    I'd like to send a feature request, but there's just no button to post a new thread.

Send a mail to synthstrom, they need to "activate" your account

🅽🅾🆅🅸🅲🅴 🅳🅴🅻🆄🅶🅸🅾🅽🅸🆂🆃?

duncandisorderlyduncandisorderly london/madridPosts: 19

page 5 (as of today) before we find the "read me before posting" post?
    should be a sticky.
    I'm an hour in to trawling through these pages to make sure my own FR isn't a duplicate; would be good to add a note to the sticky explaining the various categories of FR, or at least what keywords might be useful in a subject line to make navigation (both for us & for rohan et al) easier.

• UI
    • file management
    • hardware-related
    • effects
    • synth engine
    • sequencer behaviour

& put multiple keywords if your FR involves two or more things...

on with the trawling.

danielf_ddfdanielf_ddf GermanyPosts: 5

@harrykaufman said:

Yes please, for me this is the most important feature on the wish list!
    I really would love to see an wave export function for each instrument with the option to in- or exclude the effects because it's a really time consuming effort to export each instrument separately.
    An export function for every instruments midi-data would also be very helpful.