Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Stutter Quantize

The stutter knob might be more musical if the stutter effect didnt stop until the next 16th or 8th note after releasing the knob. Anyone who has played with the stuttering effect on the electribe sampler 2 knows that when you release the stutter it never seems to throw off the timing of the beat because the release is quantized. I find it extremely difficult to use the stutter on the deluge without throwing off the groove unless I release the knob at the exact perfect time which is near impossible. The stutter effect can be a great performance tool but im too afraid to use it while performing for this reason.

Comments

PrntsPrnts Posts: 10

I don’t have a problem with the release as much as not being able to snap a quantized value for the repeat itself. Also it would be ideal to be able to record automation of the stutter effect

PrntsPrnts Posts: 10

Most machines out there that have a stutter effect stop when you let go of it. It’s pretty normal

thehypnotist333thehypnotist333 USABeta Tester Posts: 27

Having the stutter snapped to quantized values would ruin the tape stop effect that can be achieved by pressing the stutter knob while turning it counter clockwise. I also like that it can hit non quantized values for interesting rhythm.... If you didnt know, if you double click the stutter knob it resets to the default quantized value of quarter notes.

Recording the stutter effect has been a long requested feature.

On the korg electribe 2 the stutter effect is very musical and can hit unquantized values. The reason it feels so easy to use (for me) is because the release is quantized. So you can be stuttering at any value but if you release it a millisecond too early it doesnt throw off the beat.

If it were possible to choose between our two suggestions on the fly that would be great.