Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Syncing Roland Boutiques using gate triggers

Hi,

I'd like to sync a Roland Boutique or two to my Deluge via the gate interface. How do I do this? I couldn't find much about it in the Deluge manual or guide.

Best Answer

darenagerdarenager Between a rack and a hardware placePosts: 222
    Answer ✓

Easiest way is probably use a kit, set a row to one of the gate outputs, probably want to do very short note lengths so zoom in maybe to 64th.

Answers

johntopleyjohntopley UKPosts: 26

@darenager said:
    Easiest way is probably use a kit, set a row to one of the gate outputs, probably want to do very short note lengths so zoom in maybe to 64th.

Thank you.

darenagerdarenager Between a rack and a hardware placeBeta Tester Posts: 222

No worries mate ;)

Reunion__ReunionReunion__Reunion USAPosts: 2
    edited August 2020

So, for whatever reason I can't create a new topic. Thought I'd post here since it's pretty similar.

Trying to hook up a korg electribe sequencer to this beast. I want the tribe, or deluge, to run when I press play. Can't seem to get it figured out.

When slaved, the deluge plays really slowly and also automatically, and can't be stopped. At least, it seems very slow for the BPM of the tribe.

Any advice would be terrific!

EDIT:

Oh, and I read the manual. Tried gate's 3 and 4 with run and clock, each. I also tried midi out AND in which, really thought that would work. Not sure why. Gates are set to 5v.

Post edited by Reunion__Reunion on
    darenagerdarenager Between a rack and a hardware placeBeta Tester Posts: 222

Are you using the electribe2?

If so try connecting a mono 3.5mm cable from Delige gate to electribe clock input, in electribe sync settings set to sync in from the sync input (not midi).

Now on Deluge create a kit using gate 3, set zoom to 64th and place a step on the first miss 3, place a trig, miss 3 place a trig and so on until you have 16 trigs. Press play on electribe and plsy on Deluge, it should work.

Try that.