Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

am I patching correctly ?

bat_cancerbat_cancer Baltimore Posts: 14

hello

I'm trying to understand the patching such as LFO1 > Frequency of the Filter. I think I am doing it correctly but I'm not seeing a visual change on the LED of the knob or much of a auditory change ( i would think) patching the LFO to the frequency a big easy to notice sweep of sound - that I would hear even through the small on board speaker. What I did was I held shift and pressed the frequency short cut and then held shift and pressed the LF0 short cut and adjusted the numerical value. Is this correct ?

here is a video:

also what is the initial value that appears when I press frequency "34" - what does that stand for - does it relate to the LFO at all?

Tagged:

Comments

funktreefunktree NYPosts: 128
    edited May 2017

A few notes on patching/matrix mods.

• Patching is very intuitive once you get handle of it..

• Only automation changes the two 4 light bars next to the golden knobs.

• LFO/ENV and other patching will not show on those orange lights.

• Try patching with "deep menu” knob. Once you get that done, move slowly to the editor shortcuts.

• If you patch correctly then when you call/show the cutoff parameter on display you should see a small dot on bottom right that indicates that a modulation is engaged. When you press the black knob again you can see choices of the modulation ...

• The small dot on bottom right part of the display indicates that the patching is ON for given modulating parameter ENV1,ENV2,LFO1,LFO2,Duck,RAND,NOTE,VELO.

• Pushing the button again and you will see the AMOUNT of modulation.

• While doing this you can see that shortcuts for edited parameter actually light up on the matrix pad.

• if you select the cutoff parameter value on display either by menu or shortcut you can see how many modulations are engaged for cutoff by pads in last row flashing white.

• The more modulations sources you use the harder is to hear the effect of it.

• By default (most of the sounds) only the LFO1 frequency is available from the parameter knobs (6th function switch) and dialing values less than 10 are hardly to hear since the LFO frequency is so low.

Hope this helps

Post edited by funktree on
    edited May 2017

does what your describing work for patching when using a kit track? thats what I'm trying to do.... Could you possible post a short video showing an example of patching a LFO to the frequency of the LPF while using a kit track?

Post edited by bat_cancer on

@bat_cancer said:
    does what your describing work for patching when using a kit track? thats what I'm trying to do.... Could you possible post a short video showing an example of patching a LFO to the frequency of the LPF while using a kit track?

Yes of course each drum sound has TWO LFOs

so when you say each drum sound has two LFO's what do you mean exactly ? like each sample inside a kit ? or each kit ? is this described in the manual? I guess I'm still finding patching LFO's to the effects in kits confusing from an empirical standpoint. I go though the steps but I'm not hearing it.... but perhaps I'm not understanding something.

edited May 2017

each sample two LFOs... two ENVs ... and almost all of it can be modulated, patched

Post edited by funktree on

first off - thanks for all your help!
    man I would buy someone who makes a video about this a beer........
    I'm sorry I know I must seem dumb but when you say " all of it" what do you mean? like I'm trying to send an LFO to the speed of the sample and I cant seem to get it to work? what would be the steps to send an lfo or oscillator to one sample in a kit track?

ok wait - so you have to be holding down the button that says the name of the sample with in a kit?

1. on a kit track select a sample/row/drum (same to me) by clicking the right audition pad
    2. push the main black encoder (next to the display) to get to editing of THAT selected drum sound
    3. choose OSC1 by pushing the encoder
    4. find the TRAN parameter again push the encoder
    5. you will see basic tune of selected drum/sample. It will be on 0.00 (you can manually pitch the sample by octave 12.0 down two octaves -24.0 etc but don’t do it now)
    6. push the knob again
    7. rotating the knob you see ALL modulation sources for frequency of the sample
    8. choose LFO1 and push again
    9. change the value from 0 to say 25
    10. you should hear the drum sample being changing pitch

You can repeat this for LFP->FREQ PAN, almost ANY parameters that you see.

Ian_Jorgensen