Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

play screen position lock

so we have "play screen" option activated by "push <> + play” I would like to lock this and play the screen up-until satisfied with note entires (veto etc) this could be activated by double clicking play button... when satisfied hit play again and lock is disengaged so ‘push <> + double click play’ keep playing the same screen

Comments

impurfektimpurfekt USAPosts: 22

This could work. Any way to play the current segment instead of having to replay the entire sequence from the start would be a HUGE time saver. For those of us making full songs the looping from start is brutal.

A copy and paste function (which I upvoted) could be a work around. You could have a short track for fleshing out segments and quick listening then paste those segments onto one of your main tracks.

amiga909amiga909 Central EuropePosts: 1,078

It is rather a feature seen in linear sequencers like Cubase, pattern sequencer like Ableton do it differently. Deluge is a pattern or non-linear sequencer. So I’d imagine you would rather create a new section if you want to work on a specific part of your song. Honestly, on Deluge since 2 weeks only, did not explore section composing yet. Then again, Deluge smooth way of loading songs vastly extends song composition possiblities. Copy/Paste certainly will improve workflow possibilities massively. Hope we will be able to copy/paste between songs.
    Nonetheless it is nice idea and very powerful. Could see me using it a lot.

MatthewGeorgeMatthewGeorge Cologne, GermanyBeta Tester Posts: 247
    edited December 2017

Yeah great idea.

Post edited by MatthewGeorge on
    IcoustikIcoustik NorwayModerator, Beta Tester, Mentor Posts: 1,017

@impurfekt Yo, I hope you do know that playing from the current screen IS already possible, by pressing the <>-knob + Play ? Just making sure here :b

But looping the current screen as @funktree requested would be very useful for not having to repeat that action constantly!

~ Distinguished Delugate ᕕ( ◎_◎)ᕗ

@Icoustik said:
    @impurfekt Yo, I hope you do know that playing from the current screen IS already possible, by pressing the <>-knob + Play ? Just making sure here :b

But looping the current screen as @funktree requested would be very useful for not having to repeat that action constantly!

Dude, thank you so much. Yeah, I searched the forums high and low and found no mention of such a thing. Didn't find anything in the manual about it either. That will take care of my play issue. Not too concerned about looping myself. All I could use now is a copy and paste function and I'll be set.

edited December 2017

@Icoustik said:

Okay. Never mind. I have the latest firmware version and I am unable to change the playback behavior using any combination of pressing either the left/right or up/down knobs while in track view or song view. Maybe I'm doing something wrong?

Edit: Okay, now it's working. Not sure why it wouldn't work last night. This is awesome.

Post edited by impurfekt on
    IcoustikIcoustik NorwayModerator, Beta Tester, Mentor Posts: 1,017

Sweeet :)

Actually technically one's supposed to hold <>-knob and then press play, I believe! Could have been a factor when it didnt work

~ Distinguished Delugate ᕕ( ◎_◎)ᕗ