Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Hi from Mainz (Germany)

krunchrkrunchr Mainz, GermanyBeta Tester Posts: 70

Yesterday I ordered my Deluge. User @dest4b, who was so kind and showed me his Deluge in all details, is fully responsible for my upcoming credit card disaster :smile: Can't wait to get my hands on this nice piece of hardware (and software).

Comments

dest4bdest4b Frankfurt, GermanyPosts: 98

hehe :)
    i expected that ;)

www.soundcloud.com/dest4b

EddyEddy Cologne, GermanyBeta Tester Posts: 292

greetings from cologne...have fun as a delugionist!

maxmanmaxman HamburgPosts: 8

greetings form hamburg!

krunchrkrunchr Mainz, GermanyBeta Tester Posts: 70

I want to thank you all :) In the meantime, my Deluge has arrived. The manual is not very good (I guess it was written by the developer himself) and it took me some time to get access to the device. But now everything is good and I'm quite excited.

EddyEddy Cologne, GermanyBeta Tester Posts: 292

greetings from cologne...have fun as a delugionist!

SlurmSlurm BerlinPosts: 7

Hi there! I‘m considering to get myself a Deluge. How did you adress the customs to pay duty for having it shipped to Germany?

(Hallo! Ich überlege mir, ein Deluge zu kaufen. Wie habt ihr die Zollbehörde angesprochen, um die Einfuhrgebühren zu bezahlen?)

jnksndjnksnd Frankfurt am Main, GermanyPosts: 2

@Slurm said:
    Hi there! I‘m considering to get myself a Deluge. How did you adress the customs to pay duty for having it shipped to Germany?

(Hallo! Ich überlege mir, ein Deluge zu kaufen. Wie habt ihr die Zollbehörde angesprochen, um die Einfuhrgebühren zu bezahlen?)

Hi, i didn't have to do anything, just ordered it from the website.
    Remember to include your phone number (if it isn't mandatory anyway) in case some clarification is required.
    There was a minor complication because i had my deluge shipped to my employer, but the DHL people were very helpful and gave me a call and sent an email immediately.
    I just had to confirm that it's a private order and give them my private address.
    customs/taxes: 105€, had to be payed in cash.
    Shipping: US$55.00 (incl. tax) via Flat rate
    PayPal Payment Fee: US$38.16

Thanks a lot, that was exactly the information I needed.

Today is the day that I placed my order. I‘m sooo excited.

annann berlinPosts: 1

Hello from Berlin!

jensgjensg Berlin, GermanyBeta Tester Posts: 297

not to resurrect an old thread, but I also think about buying one and shipping it to germany. are the taxes / customs still around 105€ as posted above?

this would be then 833€ for the deluge incl shipping and 105€ taxes plus paypal 34€ coming down to 972€ total for everything, right?

hm seems like a lot.

Hi jensg. I would think, the customs are still the same, but cannot say for sure, of course. If you are wondering whether the deluge is worth the price, you should consider, of you have the time and patience to work yourself into it. There‘s loads of great YouTube-tutorials that tell you how, but still it takes a lot of practice, but on the other hand you can make progress pretty fast. The greatest benefit might as well be the greatest flaw: This machine can do about anything, and it keeps evolving.

So, if you have the time and patience, this machine is worth every single dollar! You surely wouldn‘t need another sampler, looper or sequencer, midi- or cv-controller ever again.

tomsentomsen Beta Tester Posts: 13

Greetings from Darmstadt (;

tomsentomsen Beta Tester Posts: 13

Oops, didn't see how old this thread is.

o_oo_o Beta Tester Posts: 28

@jensg I got mine in December 2019, and paid a total of 108,23 € for customs. The major portion of that sum (80,21 €) is Einfuhrumsatzsteuer.

@o_o said:
    @jensg I got mine in December 2019, and paid a total of 108,23 € for customs. The major portion of that sum (80,21 €) is Einfuhrumsatzsteuer.

this is great info! i purchased yesterday so I keep my fingers crossed. thank you.

@Slurm said:
    Hi jensg. I would think, the customs are still the same, but cannot say for sure, of course. If you are wondering whether the deluge is worth the price, you should consider, of you have the time and patience to work yourself into it. There‘s loads of great YouTube-tutorials that tell you how, but still it takes a lot of practice, but on the other hand you can make progress pretty fast. The greatest benefit might as well be the greatest flaw: This machine can do about anything, and it keeps evolving.

So, if you have the time and patience, this machine is worth every single dollar! You surely wouldn‘t need another sampler, looper or sequencer, midi- or cv-controller ever again.

your pep talk underscored what i already did: got one yesterday, now lets see how long it will take.

yes coming from ableton and having poked around on the op-z it was kind of fun but also i missed a lot of the arrangement stuff from live in the op. so i hope the deluge will close the gap. and yes, i dont want to deal with software anymore, maybe at the very end eq some in ableton but thats about it. and maybe some compression, but no more noodling with vsts and the like.

thanks for taking the time to reply.

hexagon5unhexagon5un MunichBeta Tester Posts: 121

I bought mine in November or so, in Munich. Having to fork over €100 in cash was actually a bit of a surprise to me, but my wife and I scraped it together.

Other than that, shipment was super fast and problem-free. Unlike most of the sketchy electronics I order from China that get to spend a week vacation in the Zollamt in Leipzig...