Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

E324/E325 crashes?

xsterxster San FranciscoPosts: 22

Don't have a clear way to reproduce, but my Deluge has been crashing yesterday. The only common theme was that I was auditioning kit sample sounds with lots of reverb or delay. The middle screen shows a E324 or E325 and the machine is frozen. The only way out is powering off and back on. Doesn't seem like there's a way to save.

I'm on 3.1.0. Doesn't seem like there's any mentions of this at all online. Is it just me or potentially a new firmware issue?

Comments

Mr_ForkMr_Fork North DakotaPosts: 59
    edited June 2020

I got this today as well. It has been periodically crashing on me. Sometimes with the E324 or E325 error but sometimes it just locks up. I haven't been changing out samples or anything I'm just working on arranger mode laying out a track. Sometimes it just freezes and I can't get out of it without cycling the power. Every time it's happened to me I'm starting the arrangement by pushing the left right encoder and then hit play so I can start in the middle of my track. When I get the E errors my audio will typically freeze on the last note played and continue until I cycle power. I'm also on 3.1.0.

Post edited by Mr_Fork on
    rohanrohan Staff Posts: 590

Terribly sorry about this problem. It has already been found and fixed, and a V3.1.1-beta1 build shared in the beta testing group - https://www.facebook.com/groups/DelugeBetaTesters/

A beta2 build is coming later today with another important fix also.

This will lead to an official V3.1.1 release in about a week with all of these issues resolved.

@rohan said:
    Terribly sorry about this problem. It has already been found and fixed, and a V3.1.1-beta1 build shared in the beta testing group - https://www.facebook.com/groups/DelugeBetaTesters/

A beta2 build is coming later today with another important fix also.

This will lead to an official V3.1.1 release in about a week with all of these issues resolved.

I'm glad you are already on top of it. I thought I'd also mention that last night I was getting an E027 error code as well. That might be the other bug you mentioned fixing but I thought I'd mention it just in case. Thanks for all your hard work @rohan .

GerwinGerwin GermanyPosts: 30

@rohan
    I also had a crash today when I pressed play while pressing <> . The Deluge was frozen twice and once it showed E027 and played a buzzing noise. I think I go back to 3.0.5 until the bugs are solved.

Fascinating, thanks @Mr_Fork and @Gerwin for letting me know about this E027 error / crash.

I'm hoping that this may have been solved along with the other bug fixes I already mentioned, but have either of you come across a reliable way to replicate this error? Replication steps make bugs very easy to solve.

If either of you, or anyone else, is interested in joining the beta testers group, and letting me know if any such errors recur on the current V3.1.1-beta2 build, this would be very helpful also :)

lol seems like a debugging nightmare. We didn't give you any usable reproduction steps. That's a really quick fix. Very impressed. Thank you Rohan!

@rohan said:
    If either of you, or anyone else, is interested in joining the beta testers group, and letting me know if any such errors recur on the current V3.1.1-beta2 build, this would be very helpful also :)

I really appreciate the work of beta testers. I am not sure how to do beta testing and make progress with my tracks which I am working on. In this current case i had to go back on the previous firmware and swap also the whole SD Card content ( Backup) because the Deluge isn’t able to open tracks which where stored with the latest version.

@Gerwin sounds super frustrating, I'm really sorry this happened!

@rohan said:
    @Gerwin sounds super frustrating, I'm really sorry this happened!

You don’t need to apologize. It’s my own fault. I updated to optimistic and to early. This can always happen to everyone. I am happy with the Deluge thanks for your efforts.

@xster said:
    lol seems like a debugging nightmare. We didn't give you any usable reproduction steps. That's a really quick fix. Very impressed. Thank you Rohan!

I did state what I am doing when the bug occurs and what screen I am located on when it happens in one of my comments above as well as the behavior of the bug and how to get out of the bugs behavior. I can certainly lay it out in a numbered list if that is more effective.

@rohan said:
    Fascinating, thanks @Mr_Fork and @Gerwin for letting me know about this E027 error / crash.

I'm hoping that this may have been solved along with the other bug fixes I already mentioned, but have either of you come across a reliable way to replicate this error? Replication steps make bugs very easy to solve.

I currently work as quality assurance for a custom software company. If I can be of any help I’d be glad to.

I seem to still be hitting a freeze about 3 times a day (I'm still on 3.1.0. Waiting to be allowed into the Facebook group).

Besides the E324/E325, I've been seeing some other variants. In one case, most of the screen stopped updating and the main pads don't react. But audition pads still work and I can still play/pause the song. But I can't save.

In another case (I've been hitting this more frequently), everything locks up and the device actually outputs a constant bit crushed sounding sound.

Restarting fixes it in every case (but I lose my work of course). The only commonality I can remember again is that they always occurred while auditioning some sounds from a factory preset kit.