Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Mute/unmute/solo clip while in clip view?

xsterxster San FranciscoPosts: 22

Seems like something that's probably asked before but I can't find any prior questions in search.

I normally can't remember which clips is what in song view so I click into them to see what's the content. Then I'd be in clip view and have no idea whether the clip is muted or not. It would be great while in song view to just be able to launch the clip in solo or mute/unmute it in and out of the mix to hear the context.

Comments

amiga909amiga909 Central EuropePosts: 1,078

If you short press you enter the track view for that clip. If you longpress the name of the preset used in the clip is shown in song view.
    You can also try to order and colour your clips in song view to help remembering.

impurfektimpurfekt USAPosts: 22

@amiga909 said:
    You can also try to order and colour your clips in song view to help remembering.

I've been doing this and it's helped a great deal. Especially when I'm making complex arrangements in the Arranger. I can now keep track of like eight different clips per synth (however may colors there are total).

WeebeatsieWeebeatsie Bonny ScotlandPosts: 11

In song view you can hold <> then press the mute button to solo a clip at the end of the current loop or hold Shift and <> then press mute to immediately solo