Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Deluge Firmware 3.1 Teaser

Ian_JorgensenIan_Jorgensen Wellington, New ZealandPosts: 614

So our hundreds of beta testers have something to do while staying safe at home we moved forward our next firmware release a few months, a little less packed full than usual because of this, but with some exciting new features all the same:) Check out this video showing off some of the forthcoming features of the next release.
Community legend Leonard Ludvigsen has a few minutes at the end of the clip to show some sequencing and live performance workflow with the new features.
In beta-testing now, a process which normally takes, around 6 weeks.

Comments

miaouxmiaouxmiaouxmiaoux ScotlandBeta Tester Posts: 68

Very exciting! Note repeat is extremely cool!

manateemilitiamanateemilitia Austin, TXPosts: 69

Nudging and default velocity, awesome (it would be pretty cool if there were separate velocity settings for internal vs MIDI...).

Thanks for all of your work!

hexagon5unhexagon5un MunichBeta Tester Posts: 121

That video looks great. Both the nudge and on-the-fly ratcheting are implemented super-intuitively as well. Great design. Thanks Synthstrom folks!

Oh, and that on-the-fly reverb in the dubby demo is a great trick, completely independent of the new features.

nigelnigel BelgiumPosts: 12

Nice update, still I am longing for a mixer page or a way of mixing my parts on an instrument basis. Currently I am really stuck not being able to properly mix my EP songs :(

sikzsikz Posts: 11

Oh guys,

thank you sooo much for addressing our (color-blinds) main (only?) problem!

"Behind Every Great Machine There Is Great People"

neddycgoonneddycgoon New ZealandPosts: 21

@nigel said:
    Nice update, still I am longing for a mixer page or a way of mixing my parts on an instrument basis. Currently I am really stuck not being able to properly mix my EP songs :(

A mixer page is actually a great idea I cant imagine how these guys would pull it off but I can see it in my minds eye 16 tracks per page

neilbaldwinneilbaldwin UKBeta Tester Posts: 143
    edited May 2020

@neddycgoon said:

@nigel said:

A mixer page is actually a great idea I cant imagine how these guys would pull it off but I can see it in my minds eye 16 tracks per page

Oh man, yeah, a mixer page would be ridiculously cool. I can see the implementation: 16 tracks along the bottom, 8 levels vertically (so 0 to 127 in steps of 16) so you can just tap a pad and it will set the level for the column (=track) or you can hold a pad in a column and turn the SELECT knob for finer adjustment. If you have more than 16 tracks, turning the <> will show more tracks. Could even implement Mute and Solo in there too. Amazing!

Make it happen Rohan! :smiley:

Post edited by neilbaldwin on
    jurgisjurgis vilniusBeta Tester Posts: 31

Improved midi perhaps 🙏?

OdoSendaidokaiOdoSendaidokai BerlinPosts: 326

I love the deluges high BPM. You can play songs so so fast, you never lose too much time again with endless listening to slow tracks. Just turn up the BPM to max and you save a vastly amount of time. Even with the new feature where you can increase the resolution is so great. Now you can listen to so many more details in such a short time. It is awesome!

Odo Sendaidokai from Berlin

neddycgoonneddycgoon New ZealandPosts: 21

Any word on a release date for 3.1 really looking forward to utilizing some of those features.

jurgisjurgis vilniusBeta Tester Posts: 31

Improved MIDI pretty pretty please. I'll even pledge 100eur to help develop fuller functionality.