Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

How to see whats mapped to the gold knobs?

Hello.
Is there any way to see which function is mapped to the gold knobs? I have not been able to find anything about it in the manual.

Comments

MyrkMyrk Bristol, UKPosts: 93

Yer this is interesting... in midi mode it would tell you what CC it is sending out, but on internal mode clicking the input in doesn't do anything.

RigoRigo MadridPosts: 3

yep.. this is sort of a basic need!

IcoustikIcoustik NorwayModerator, Beta Tester, Mentor Posts: 1,017

Until updated, there's only one way: go into the actual menu of what you think the knob in question could be controlling, and see if the numbers change when you move the knob :p

Not optimal!

~ Distinguished Delugate ᕕ( ◎_◎)ᕗ

funktreefunktree NYPosts: 128

haha, I had the same problem long time back. I posted a suggestion but hmmm, nothing happened. shift+push gold lights up a pad to which the knob is assigned (based on shortcuts) . Also I was furious I couldn’t do NEGATIVE values with that ...

MatthewGeorgeMatthewGeorge Cologne, GermanyBeta Tester Posts: 247
    Yeah... That actually annoyed me the other day. Can't remember what it was I was doing now. I'd assumed it would be zero in the middle position...

@funktree said:
    haha, I had the same problem long time back. I posted a suggestion but hmmm, nothing happened. shift+push gold lights up a pad to which the knob is assigned (based on shortcuts) . Also I was furious I couldn’t do NEGATIVE values with that ...

It could be even simpler: As soon as the know is moved, the according pad is blinking.

amiga909amiga909 Central EuropePosts: 1,078

upvote.
    Not terribly important, as external control or disciplined workflows is kind of a workaround. The latter not for me, so I would love this feature :)

UI idea:
    Yeah, pad blinking would be nice. Seems easy.
    If that is hard to do, maybe some sort of a fade-out text is easier. You turn a knob, the param name is displayed for 1sec, if no other display change arrives during 1 sec, the display changes back to its previous value.