Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Preset Names

torgatorga LisbonPosts: 19

So now that there is a qwerty keyboard and you can name songs, i assume you can also name presets.
Has anyone named the factory presets? having bass1, bass2, lead4, organ1 would be very handy because having just numbers it's like shooting in the dark.

Comments

OdoSendaidokaiOdoSendaidokai BerlinPosts: 326

That could be a nice work, that the community could do.😉

Odo Sendaidokai from Berlin

torgatorga LisbonPosts: 19
    edited April 2020

@OdoSendaidokai said:

sometimes it's not that easy, because only the original creator knows how the preset is intended to be used. many presets are in shady territory, like leads that could be basses. pads that could be strings. stuff like that. so i guess that only the original creator can name them.
    what i am going to say next is down to personal taste, but i also find that presets beyond the number 100 are way more interesting. the first 100 are just medium cool, and after that they get super cool. it's like the cool sound designers took some time to find the deluge.

Post edited by torga on

@torga said:

@OdoSendaidokai said:

sometimes it's not that easy, because only the original creator knows how the preset is intended

It's completely easy, because the list is in the manual. We just have to rename and provide it. ;)

amiga909amiga909 Central EuropePosts: 1,078

@OdoSendaidokai said:

there are names in the manual, yeah. synthstrom could have done it in the update, they have enough helping hands
    if they wanted this done, maybe cause of updating. its confusing if i have a lot of variants of the numbered presets and add the named presets.
    OT: maybe better going to FB and trying to get awareness there.. thats ok, to be fair, it is only 2 full time jobs afaik and keeping this forum running is already a cool thing to have and I am thankful for the tons of interesting discussions with you guys that helped me master many aspects of the D. it is a safe bet the daily message count on email and official FB groups is already crazy. but what do I know.. in my logic the D doesnt even exist, it took crazy kiwis to revolutionize the groovebox game 🥳

@amiga909 said:
    OT: maybe better going to FB and trying to get awareness there..

OT: Yes maybe you are right. Maybe we should just lean back and see, what will come and don't put so much effort in thinking about improvements that could be made. Some of them very easily. Let's face it: FB is the to go area, not the forum.