Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

List of tested and supported controllers with Deluge's USB hosting

Ian_JorgensenIan_Jorgensen Wellington, New ZealandPosts: 614
edited March 2020 in Deluge Support Content

Please feel free to add to this thread device's you have tested.

These have not been tested or confirmed from Synthstrom Audible. This is simple collating posts from this thread.
If there are specific details about a unit, perhaps an owner of that unit could elaborate below.

Akai APCmini
Akai APC40 MK2
Akai LPK25
Akai MPD218
Akai MPK 249
Akai MPK Mini (1st Generation)
Akai MidiMIX
Alesis qx25
ALESIS V49
Arturia Keystep
(NB: USB midi input works great. Deluge will sync to internal clock of Keystep. Keystep still requires CV clock when trying to use the deluge clock.)
Arturia Microfreak
Arturia Microlab
Arturia Minilab Mk I
Arturia Minilab Mk2.
Axoloti+MTM
Behringer BCR2000
Behringer X-Touch Mini
C-thru-music AXIS-49
CraftRhythm - Modal
Craft Synth 2.0
DSI Rev2
Faderfox (UC-4)
FaderFox PC4
IK Multimedia iRig Pads
Joué
Keith McMillen BopPad
Keith Mc Millen K Board
KeithMcMillen QuNeo
Kenton KILLAMIX-MINI
Korg nanoKEY Studio
Korg nanoKEY2
Korg nanoKONTROL 2
Korg microKEY Air 37
Korg microKontrol
Korg Minilogue XD
Korg Monologue
Korg Padkontrol KPC1
Launchpad Pro (NB: sometimes, not 100% yet)
LinnSrument
M-Audio Keystation 49e
Modal Skulpt
Moog Grandmother
NDLR
Nektar Panorama P6
Nord Lead A1
Novation Circuit
Novation Circuit Mono Station
Novation SL Mk2 25 key
Novation SL MK2 49 key
Novation Launchpad Mini MK3
Roland A01
Roli Seaboard Rise - tested in Piano mode
Roli Seaboard Block
Roli Lighpad M - tested in note mode set to single channel MIDI
Sensel Morph
Teenage Engineering OP-Z & OP-1
Toraiz Squid
UNO synth
V-meter
Xkey Air25
Yamaha Reface

Feel free to add other supported devices below.

Post edited by Ian_Jorgensen on

Comments

RandomAztecRandomAztec IrelandPosts: 108

Ian can you explain how to get lauchcontrol xl working . If I boot via another sub device then plug it out I lose power and the launch control shuts down

Anyone else got the xl working in host mide?

RedpandaRedpanda BerlinPosts: 21

I also would be interested if someone could explain precisely how to get the Novation Launch Control XL running with the Deluge

NRuckNRuck UKBeta Tester Posts: 80

Is there a list of products that can be powered from the Deluge USB, not only used for MIDI?

I have succesfully used the following powered by Deluge:

KMI BopPad (did find it could take a few goes at powering on to get it to work though)
    iRig Midi 2

The Deluge aaaaaaaaalmost powered my Novation SL25 MkII but not quite.

The deluge powered my sl25 mk11 but the lcd is hard to read.. Everything functione well though.

Still no luck with launch control anybody care to help out?

hurphendalehurphendale PragueBeta Tester Posts: 39

Anyone have any luck with the AKAI MPK Mini MKII, was planning to buy one but now I see just the 1st gen has been tested. Does anyone know if it doesn't work?

RobbymustRobbymust Kaitaia, New ZealandPosts: 25

Is there a list of compatible din midi foot controllers or usb midi foot controllers as I want a foot controller with more switches than synthstroms 4 switch unit
    regards Robby

RobbymustRobbymust Kaitaia, New ZealandPosts: 25

Another thought could you rum two of the synthstrom usb midi foot controllers through a usb hub then to the deluge so you would have 8 switches

OdoSendaidokaiOdoSendaidokai BerlinPosts: 326

Maybe we should add to that list some more little details, from "can only light the LEDs" to "fully support MPE and MIDI 2.0" with some other columns that could be important for a controller buy decision.

Odo Sendaidokai from Berlin

ELEVENELEVEN Zagreb, CroatiaPosts: 60

i am also interested in info regarding the novation launch control xl- will it work?
    thanx

bazzmakabazzmaka CHPosts: 12

Arturia Beatstep Pro (BSP). Tested: Controller Mode WITHOUT any CV-stuff connected to the BSP.

AmiganutAmiganut AustraliaPosts: 3

has anyone been able to use the Arturia keylab mk2 I can use the keys but none of the sliders or knobs seem to work I have tried learning different controls but haven't had any success via usb

Has anyone been able to get Keith McMillen's Soft Step 2 working? I can connect it in NOTE-mode to the deluge. Deluge recognizes the device saying "MIDI" at boot time and provides power for standalone operation. However, the MIDI-messages sent out by Soft Step are not received properly by the deluge, both when learning and controlling. It seems as if the messages are received twice most of the time, which neutralizes them (e.g. PLAY/STOP). The strange thing: if I monitor the MIDI-messages of the Soft Step on the PC, i get clean NOTE-ON / NOTE-OFF messages. If I pipe the messages from the Soft Step to the PC and from there unchanged to the deluge (using MidiOX), everything works perfect. Any idea?

... update: the Soft Step 2 works perfectly well if connected through a Kenton Midi Usb Host (KMUH) to the Deluge: The SS2 is connected via USB to the KMUH. The KMUH is connected via a 5-pin cable to Deluge's Midi in. The KMUH is powered from the Deluge's USB-Port. Connecting The SS2 directly with USB to the Deluge doesn't seem to work :-((

... update II: an interaction with the support of Keith McMillen and some further diagnosis let me assume that the problem is related to a missing/faulty implementation of the so-called "running status" in Deluge's MIDI implementation. "Running status" is part of the MIDI specification and omits the status byte of MIDI messages if it is following a message with the same status byte. Both the Windows Midi Driver and the KMUH seem to re-insert the status byte into the MIDI stream. This is why the SS2 works in host mode and through the KMUH, but not directly connected to the Deluge's USB. The missing/faulty implementation of the "running status" might be the reason why other usb-controllers don't want to team up with the deluge ====> if my analysis is true: please fix this!

feijaifeijai Washington, DCPosts: 43

I have the following configuration: Seaboard Block (any mode) -> standard USB cable (I've tried several) -> Synthstrom-provided USB host adapter -> Deluge 3.0 -> power.

Does not work.

The Deluge recognizes the connection ("MIDI"). But that's it. It doesn't recognize any incoming notes at all. Has anyone gotten the Block to work? If so, is there a secret I'm missing?

@feijai said:
    I have the following configuration: Seaboard Block (any mode) -> standard USB cable (I've tried several) -> Synthstrom-provided USB host adapter -> Deluge 3.0 -> power.

Does not work.

The Deluge recognizes the connection ("MIDI"). But that's it. It doesn't recognize any incoming notes at all. Has anyone gotten the Block to work? If so, is there a secret I'm missing?

Did you setup your Seaboard to NOT use MPE? Might be that MPE will confuse the Deluge...

ELEVENELEVEN Zagreb, CroatiaPosts: 60

Sensel Morph is in the list.
    i have tried and it doesn't work at all, what's more trying to turn on with Morph plugged into usb crashes the Deluge. have tried multiple AC adapters, all of them over 500mA, no luck at all.
    if anyone could shed some light,i would appreciate very much! thanx

SynthbertSynthbert GermanyBeta Tester Posts: 5

I can play the deluge via my keystep, but can´t when using my Yamaha P-45 digital piano. Will this be added in the future so I can play Multisamples with weighted keys?

WingatuiWingatui AustraliaPosts: 8

Akai APC Key 25 works with Deluge without midi host. You need to buy a USB B to Female A adapter.

NathanPaletatNathanPaletat FrancePosts: 1

@hurphendale said:
    Anyone have any luck with the AKAI MPK Mini MKII, was planning to buy one but now I see just the 1st gen has been tested. Does anyone know if it doesn't work?

Yes it's OK for AKAI MPK mini mk2 !

wooderswooders Oxford, UKPosts: 13

Akai MPK49 working fine for me

sndwchsndwch USPosts: 1

Just a heads up, the new 3.1 update that's coming out is adding USB hub support. I'm trying out the beta and it's amazing. Also, I have a Novation Launchkey mini mk2 that wasn't working with the Deluge on v3.0.4 (didn't try checking if v3.0.5 fixed that), but it works now with v3.1b8

I connected a Midi Fighter, OP-1, and the launckey mini via USB hub (seems like it has be a powered USB hub) and it's all working so far.

AllfxAllfx AustraliaPosts: 11

@bazzmaka said:
    ... update II: an interaction with the support of Keith McMillen and some further diagnosis let me assume that the problem is related to a missing/faulty implementation of the so-called "running status" in Deluge's MIDI implementation. "Running status" is part of the MIDI specification and omits the status byte of MIDI messages if it is following a message with the same status byte. Both the Windows Midi Driver and the KMUH seem to re-insert the status byte into the MIDI stream. This is why the SS2 works in host mode and through the KMUH, but not directly connected to the Deluge's USB. The missing/faulty implementation of the "running status" might be the reason why other usb-controllers don't want to team up with the deluge ====> if my analysis is true: please fix this!

I am also looking forward to this for SS2 use and would love to know if/where it is in the pipeline?

edited June 2020

update III: SS2 ain't working with 3.1 and powered USB hub, either. Only the following clumsy workaround works: I added two switches to a Kenton USB Host (KUH): a power switch that cuts the +5V of the DC in and a two-pole switch that cuts the two data leads from the Host USB connector (D+ and D-). I power-feed the KUH from the Deluge USB port (with a special cable Type B to Mini), I connect the SS2 with a regular cable to the KUH and I connect the KUH to the Deluge via a 5pin Midi patch cable. The key is the power-on sequence. 1) All the switches are off. 2) Switch on the Deluge and wait 5 seconds. 3) Switch on the KUH power switch and wait 5sec. With this step the SS2 is powered over USB, but the data connection is still interrupted. 4) Switch on the data connection. Now everything works, each time, and entirely powered from the deluge's USB port.

Post edited by bazzmaka on
    kilroykilroy CanadaBeta Tester Posts: 25

I've gotten the original Novation LaunchControl working (the small 16 knob, 8 pad one).

NaenynNaenyn United StatesPosts: 14

@bazzmaka said:
    update III: SS2 ain't working with 3.1 and powered USB hub, either.

Please do keep us updated if you get it working in a more direct way. I was considering buying a SS2 for looping with the Deluge until I saw your post. Thank you for sharing your experiences,

Lauchcontrol XL now working

mattfwaltersmattfwalters Vancouver, BC, CanadaPosts: 8

I have successfully tested the CME Xkey 37 controller with the Deluge running firmware 3.1.2, it works perfectly.

oHnoHn United StatesPosts: 1

@bazzmaka said:
    Arturia Beatstep Pro (BSP). Tested: Controller Mode WITHOUT any CV-stuff connected to the BSP.

Do you mind going over how you connected the BSP to the Deluge? I'm new to all of this. Right now I have the deluge midi connected to my Keystep and curious how to connect the BSP. Any help would be greatly appreciated.