Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Is it possible to sequence midi program changes?

I want my deluge to be able to control fx switching on my pedalboard through midi. It appears to be able to change cc# info in a patch but unable to switch between patches. It would be great if I could automate it to switch to a new effect when I switch scenes in the song. Is this impossible or am i just missing something?

Comments

SdconvoySdconvoy United StatesPosts: 3

If you are in clip view of a midi track, pressing down on the select knob should display PGM, and pressing again will display "none" now, you can turn the select knob to change the PGM number (program change number) for that midi clip. You can also adjust the bank using the bank menu one level up.

If you were to clone this midi clip, you could then change the selected program number for it. Now when you change between them, the deluge will send a program change message when it fires the clip.

On a related feature request, I really wish there was a way to set a pre-send time for the PC change on clip launch. For example, my Analog Rytm can use incoming PC messages to select the next pattern it's going to play. The problem is, the Deluge sends the program change message on step one after the clip change, so I have to wait for another measure before the rytm actually changes pattern. I think there are other drum machine and grooveboxes that behave similarly.

Likewise, my sub 37 if changing between two patches on two different clips will blunt the attack of the first note as it changes the patch. If you could set a prefire time per midi track in ms or step length even, for the PC messages to send early, that would open up a world of options.

Not all synths are like this, my Prophet 08 changes instantly between patches, but some need a little time to catch up.

Id also be happy if you could just send program changes per step

AllfxAllfx AustraliaPosts: 11

Thanks so much! I have been wrestling with this for so long. The key was cloning. I had tried the same thing with seperate tracks but for some reason it didnt work until it was done with a clone. This opens up a lot of potential for me, I'm very grateful