Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Deluge firmware V3.0.5 released

rohanrohan Staff Posts: 590

Deluge firmware V3.0.5 is now released - a minor bugfix release.

Download it here.

Fixes include:
* Fixed - incorrect transpose / pitch setting could result when loading a new single-cycle waveform into a sound which already previously had one
* Fixed problem where unmuting an audio clip in the arranger could fail to take effect until its next repeat
* You can now operate the record button (e.g. for exiting record mode) while holding down a note in keyboard view
* Fixed misbehaviour which could occur after playing sections with a set number of repeats up until the last one, when playback stops
* Fixed - if an undo/redo took you back to a different clip, the "display" (the colour illuminating each pad) would fail to update
* Fixed occasional “CARD” message which could appear on boot even if SD card present

Installation
To install the update, place the .bin file onto your SD card, ensure there are no other .bin files on there, put the card back into your Deluge, and then hold down the shift button while powering on. A spinning animation will display, and the firmware will be permanently installed.

Please take this opportunity to back up the data from your SD card while it's in your computer. Any storage technology can fail, and we want your work to be safe regardless.

Comments

jpakaercjpakaerc FrancePosts: 14

Thank :)

mycorrhizaborgmycorrhizaborg United StatesPosts: 5

thanks for the update!

dimadjembedimadjembe NorwayBeta Tester Posts: 5

thank you, appreciate your work

mbangmbang Gothenburg, SwedenPosts: 61

Xelent, mucho thanks!

JupitorJupitor NorthCakiLackyPosts: 2

Thanks for your hard work. We truly love this machine a large part of this is how you keep improving it and bringing us up to speed with these awesome changes..

WingatuiWingatui AustraliaPosts: 8

Cheers fellas :)

RedpandaRedpanda BerlinPosts: 21

Panda thanks <3

miaouxmiaouxmiaouxmiaoux ScotlandBeta Tester Posts: 68

Had two fairly big crashes with this firmware today - created a large white clip on a synth track in Arranger mode (across the whole song, maybe 2 mins long), went into the clip with keyboard mode active, and hit record and play. Twice that was enough to hang the system with a buzzing noise in the headphones. Tried to do it a third time but couldn't repeat, sorry!

MendMusicMendMusic RomaniaPosts: 11

my screen just freeze on "done" and if i restart it normally nothing happens, the machine doesn't turn on at all (only in update mode it turns on)

MendMusicMendMusic RomaniaPosts: 11

@MendMusic said:
    my screen just freeze on "done" and if i restart it normally nothing happens, the machine doesn't turn on at all (only in update mode it turns on)

SOLVED
    did it again twice and it worked

1heUndertaker1heUndertaker UKBeta Tester Posts: 24

Thank you again for this wonderful device!
    Also, thanks for continuing to bring updates and amazing new features!
    Truly a wonderful team you are x

jpakaercjpakaerc FrancePosts: 14
    edited April 2020

Hello
    since the update the alphanumeric keyboard mixes letters and numbers

Post edited by jpakaerc on
    captainmartscaptainmarts AustraliaPosts: 3

@miaouxmiaoux said:
    Had two fairly big crashes with this firmware today - created a large white clip on a synth track in Arranger mode (across the whole song, maybe 2 mins long), went into the clip with keyboard mode active, and hit record and play. Twice that was enough to hang the system with a buzzing noise in the headphones. Tried to do it a third time but couldn't repeat, sorry!

I had this exact problem too. After the third time in a row it happened i went back to firmware 3.0

willhicks84willhicks84 United KingdomPosts: 2

hello, I have just tried to update my deluge with software version 3.0.5. I loaded the bin file to my SD card, put card back in the deluge and turned on whilst holding shift. The deluge displays 'update' then straight to 'error' and now i can't get the unit to work at all... just displays the error message :( (I have tried this a few times now with same result)

Can anyone help??

Thanks

willhicks84willhicks84 United KingdomPosts: 2

@willhicks84 said:
    hello, I have just tried to update my deluge with software version 3.0.5. I loaded the bin file to my SD card, put card back in the deluge and turned on whilst holding shift. The deluge displays 'update' then straight to 'error' and now i can't get the unit to work at all... just displays the error message :( (I have tried this a few times now with same result)

Can anyone help??

Thanks

Fixed it! I deleted everything from my SD card (after backing up to my PC). Formatted the card. Stuck the bin file 3.0.5 on to the card and did the shift/on with the deluge.

henleybhenleyb United KingdomBeta Tester Posts: 18

Thanks <3

KeplerKepler Perth, AustraliaBeta Tester Posts: 3
    edited May 2020

Hi folks, I'm a Deluge noob so appreciate your help. I'm borrowing a friends deluge and would like to update the firmware. It may only have V2 installed.

Can I go straight to the V3.0.5 or will I need to update sequentially?

Secondly, does the bin file always need to stay on the card, or can it be deleted once installation is completed?

Post edited by Kepler on
    neilbaldwinneilbaldwin UKBeta Tester Posts: 143

@Kepler said:
    Hi folks, I'm a Deluge noob so appreciate your help. I'm borrowing a friends deluge and would like to update the firmware. It may only have V2 installed.

Can I go straight to the V3.0.5 or will I need to update sequentially?

Secondly, does the bin file always need to stay on the card, or can it be deleted once installation is completed?

You can go straight to the latest, no problem. You can also go back if you wanted to but going to V3 will make changes to data structures (songs, synths, kits etc.) which will make them wholly or partly incomatible with old versions of the firmware. Not that you'd want to go back but if your friend has saved songs etc. on the SD card it might be worth backing them up on a computer before doing the upgrade to V3.

Oh, yes, you can delete the .bin file once the upgrade has completed.