Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Option to stop arrangement playback without letting the playhead jump back to start

Currently when stopping playback in arrangement mode the playhead immediately jumps back where it started.
Wish we had an option to stop the playback and let the playhead stay where it was at that moment. Maybe in a similar way to how we start the position based playback: press and hold knob <> and press button play.

Comments

EddyEddy Cologne, GermanyBeta Tester Posts: 292

pause playback....+1
    (but I wonder what my other devices say to "pause") :D

amiga909amiga909 Central EuropePosts: 1,078

yeah, i think i get what you mean. this behavior would be more useful for me. similar to a transport panel in a DAW where the playhead is not reset on stop. resetting the playhead is optional by pressing a rewind to start button.

rudolphrapidrudolphrapid Beta Tester Posts: 129

@amiga909 said:
    yeah, i think i get what you mean. this behavior would be more useful for me. similar to a transport panel in a DAW where the playhead is not reset on stop. resetting the playhead is optional by pressing a rewind to start button.

Exactly :)

neddycgoonneddycgoon New ZealandPosts: 21

I suggested this very thing in the Deluge updates suggestions area I thought maybe using the up/down scroll knob click with the play button to set a temporary start position which could be cancelled with the L\R click with play button would be a good way to do it...Set the temp start position and just press play to resume from that position when zooming in for intricate work.

OdoSendaidokaiOdoSendaidokai BerlinPosts: 326

+1

Odo Sendaidokai from Berlin

VJFranzKVJFranzK Los Angeles USABeta Tester Posts: 129

+1 also handy if editing a long chord progression

Music, Visuals, Reviews of Synths, Drum Machines, Apps
    YouTube: VJFranzK

Paul_SPaul_S NetherlandsPosts: 3

+1

doctorauxiliarydoctorauxiliary United StatesPosts: 2

+1 we need this simple, but really important function!!

I'm very new to the deluge crew, so I haven't git any really long projects going yet. but I surely will. being able to simply pause playback is KEY!! I hope we get it.... do we have it yet? do we?!? doooo weeee...?!?